PDA

View Full Version : New info on leaky Hydro-Boost units

mattb5150
09-19-2002, 21:52
Took the Dmax in today for the third time for a leaky Hydro-Boost. Dealer says it's definitely the Hydro Boost (like I've been telling them for months now). They say they tried to order the part but GM had discontinued the part number and the new units won't be released until sometime in October. My truck is a 2002 you may want to check yours for leaks. Feel under the brake fluid reservoir towad the back of the unit where it bolts to the booster there should be a small rectangular opening. Mine leaves small amount of fluid on finger every couple of days.

Matt B.

Budz
09-20-2002, 11:45
Yep,I was pokin around under the hood a couple of nights ago and found mine to be leaking a small amount of oil. Only had two hundred miles on it at the time. Keep us posted on the fix. I'll be heading to the dealer eventually.

Budz 2003 CC D/A SB

MudNurI
09-20-2002, 14:17
I can't see why you guys are having a hard time getting it replaced.

took mine to dealer #1 they blew smoke, went to dealer #2, ordered the part 48 hours later, it was installed, ENTIRE hydroboost $400 and change for the part.....(saw the slip)...

this is an '01 so its not just an '02 problem

Brandy

mattb5150
09-20-2002, 22:15
Brandy,

I'm thinking the replacements may leak also that's why they are cancelling the part number and reissuing next month. Better be safe and check yours just in case. Also check fluid level if anyone has a leak mine was down as would be expected.

Matt B.

tysmith
09-25-2002, 14:13
My booster was replaced last winter, and it is now leaking again. Does anyone else with this problem have a spongy brake pedal? My truck stops just fine, its just that the pedal feels, well, spongy...

Ty

mattb5150
09-25-2002, 21:26
Got a call yesterday that the unit is in, wasn't supposed to be in until October 28th. Will go in next wednesday to have replaced will post new part number if I can.

Matt B.

MudNurI
09-26-2002, 06:31
Well, Sunday when we were charging the batteries, we checked the driver's side, no leak, no loss of fluids etc. replacement hydroboost was installed at 22,000 miles back in april/may. another 15,000 miles put on it since replacement. First one really only lasted about 12,000 miles, took another 10,000 to find a dealer that knew its head from its ***

good luck
Brandy

Black Dog
09-26-2002, 11:14
MIne leaked also, there was no different feel to the pedal while it was leaking, brakes worked fine the whole time. If some air were to leak in there somehow though, it could lead to a spongy pedal I would think. Leaky hydroboost M/Cs have been a problem since GM started using this system (early '70s?), so it is hard to believe that they have some magic solution in the works now.

mattb5150
10-04-2002, 22:10
Had hydroboost replaced on wednesday, nice and shiny. Invoice states part number as 15757280, decrisption BOOSTER 4.805. Will check in a few days to see if this has fixed the leak.

Matt B.