PDA

View Full Version : Rust stain on grey leather

pushpole
04-05-2004, 14:32
Any suggestions on how to remove a rust stain on my leather seat (seating surface)?

cowboywildbill
04-11-2004, 08:54
Try a stiff toothbrush and some leather cleaner.There are leather cleaners like lexnol and they have cleaners and oil in them. You could try a little warm water and glycerine saddle soap first. But treat it with something like Meguires leather care after. I don't like to use the Armor All or Son of a Gun silicone type cleaners, Leather does better with as close to the naturaul oils as possible. If it is a hopless stain, you could get some grey leather dye,(like fledgings dye products)you can find dyes at some shoe repair or saddle and tack shops. Then clean the area with a little rubbing alcohol, and dye the area. Then after it dries, rub it good with a soft cloth and leather cleaner with oil as above. Then wipe it dry with a clean cloth. Be careful for the first few times you sit on it, because the dye may come off on your clothes. I would put an old towel on the seat and sit on that for the first couple of times. Then it should be OK. Good Luck. Let us know if you get it all out.

[ 04-11-2004, 09:08 AM: Message edited by: Cowboy Wild Bill ]