PDA

View Full Version : Mag Hytec Tranny Pan and Flush

Lt .59
04-23-2004, 19:42
I'm preparing to replace my old tranny fluid with Transynd and am also going to intall a Mag Hytec transmission pan. Was hoping that someone out there has done this, and knows exactly how much fluid I'm going to end up using. I'm going to follow the flush process as described by Steetech and Hoot on this forum. Any thoughts or
information would be appreciated. First time for me, so it should be interesting.
2001 Dmax Diesel 2500 HD w/Allison
Thanks,
- Dave W.

Modified
04-25-2004, 16:47
Per Helms 2002, the system capacity, after complete overhaul, is 12.7 quarts. Your Mag-Hytec adds an additional 3 quarts.
If you're flushing and filling by removing cooler outlet tubing at the tranny, 16 or 17 quarts should flush and fill the system.
The one gallon jugs work well for filling, using a funnel. You should buy five gallons, just in case you get carried away flushing and need a little more.
You will also want extra for filter change time. Be SURE you check level with motor idling, and tranny fluid hot, near 200 Deg F., to prevent overfilling.

Lt .59
04-25-2004, 17:09
Modified,

Thanks a lot for the information. I'm a novice, so it's most likely going to be real fun to watch!!
Thanks again.

- DW