PDA

View Full Version : Canadian Trucks

y22man
04-18-2002, 14:37
Hello All,

I am looking to buy one of these bad boys. Real close to purchasing one. While I have been looking there are some used Canadian trucks being sold in Utah. They only have a few hundred miles on them. Pretty much new never been sold to a private party just dealers. They are concerdably cheeper then the U.S new trucks. These New Canadian trucks come with the fatory warrenty. Should I stay away from these trucks? What would I look for? Anyone else look into this?

Thanks
Jay

Maverick
04-18-2002, 15:41
I bought my GMC 2500HD used from a US dealer and it was a Canadian truck. My dealer said it would still have the full warranty. They warrantied the passenger heat seat switch because it was sticking. No problems so far with warranty issues. Be aware you will not be able to shut the lights off on a Canadian truck like a US model. DRL's are on during the day and at night the lights come on and stay on.

y22man
04-19-2002, 16:16
Thanks for the reply. Is there a actual button to override the dtl? Can't the dealer flash the PCM? Or is there a actual switch on USA trucks? Is this the only differance? Sorry for the dumb questions. Just courious.

Thanks
Jay

Maverick
04-19-2002, 20:35
You got to push the dome light override switch 4 times within 5 seconds and then you have control of your lights. It works on my 3500 but not my 2500HD. Other than that everything else seems the same. Oh ya, the fuel cap is a different style also. Works the same though. Ask the other Canadians here about their lights. They got no control of them.