PDA

View Full Version : Interior water leaks?

stanbro
04-19-2002, 06:55
This is my first post so please be gentle! That said, I have been reading this forum for almost 6 months so I am not exactly a newcomer. I have learned so much by simply reading that I haven't had a need to post anything of my own.

Has anyone experienced water leaks into the interior? I live in Portland Oregon and we get a fair amount of rain here. My truck is forced to sit outside as my Corvette is the garage queen. Whenever it rains hard, I find a puddle of water on the passenger floormat. It is probably about a cup of water.

I have resisted taking it to the dealer as I assume it will be a fruitless effort. If anyone has experienced this and has been able to find the entry point of the water, I would be greatly appreciative of their advice.

Black Dog
04-19-2002, 10:09
I will assume that you have the clearance lights on the roof. The water comes in through the center light, runs along the headliner, down the A-pillar, then under the dash and into the passenger foot well. Take it to the dealer - there is even a TSB for this on 2002s.

stanbro
04-19-2002, 17:48
Thanks for the reply.

I do not have the clearance lights. The only hole in the roof is for the OnStar antenna. I will check it out but my gut feeling is that's not it.

odoh
04-19-2002, 21:01
Would you consider long shots?

Once had a brand new VW that had the drain holes in the bottom edge of one door that was plugged. The rainwater couldn't drain out and enuff accummulated to overflow into the floor. Worth a shot ~ odoh

D MAXIMUS
04-19-2002, 21:06
stanbro,
Check the rear window. When I was looking to purchase mine, one of the trucks I looked at was leaking at the rear window.

John

NutNbutGMC
04-20-2002, 06:25
QUOTE:My truck is forced to sit outside as my Corvette is the garage queen.
__________________________________________________ _______________________

What's up with this? A d@mn useless Vette in the garage in lieu of the truck? (For me) Vettes are about as useful as teats on a boar hog. They can't tow a Mastercraft boat, haul a cord of wood or switch to 4-Hi, on the fly. This NutNbutGMC-machine is a chick magnet too...Ever seen a crew cab Vette??? LMAO... I'd kick that Vette to the curb and hope that someone stole it...... Put the truck in the garage........ !!! :D :D

[ 04-20-2002: Message edited by: NutNbutGMC ]</p>

stanbro
04-21-2002, 22:12
Yes, the Corvette is less useful than the pickup. There is just something about a Corvette that makes it seem like it needs to be pampered. I know it is totally impractical. I worry about it whenever I leave it in a parking lot. I only drive it when it's sunny (and I live in Portland, Oregon).

Ahh, but when the sun comes out and the top goes down and I find a road where I can run it through the gears, I remember why I love it so and why I pamper it like the queen that it is.

[ 04-21-2002: Message edited by: stanbro ]</p>

bearman
04-21-2002, 22:46
I feel the same way about my truck :D :D :D ;)
Cheers
Bear

Chevy Ryan
04-23-2002, 12:13
Keep pampering that Vette! Dmax's are awesome, but the Corvette will always be GM's halo car (or vehicle, for that matter). If I had the dough, I'd get a 405 HP Z06.

Pointer
04-24-2002, 11:32
I had the same problem and it turned out to be a leak around the wind shield. Pull the molding and run clear caulk along the edge top to bottom.

hamelyak
04-13-2005, 05:43
Did you ever find the source of the leak? I have the same problem

DMAXED
04-14-2005, 15:18
I had the same problem in my 01 water would leak down through the heater vents and come out on the passenger floormat the dealer resealed the heater box to the firewall and all is good now

hamelyak
04-24-2005, 12:50
I got a chance to play with this again today. With the mat pulled back and the door closed, we ran water all around the door, door window and windshield. Where it would start to leak is on the drivers side bottom corner near the windshield. The sealant to the floor panel and the side of the truck is not good and water would come from it. Also water would "splash" out from the opening where the wires exit the cab and go to the drivers door. I just cant determine if its the windshield or area around it. My dealer said he'd look at it again under waranty, so its going back next week.