PDA

View Full Version : Plug For Brake Controller

fordpuckettjpuckett@tampa
04-20-2002, 15:04
I can't find the plug to hook up my new Jordan Brake controller.I have the Harnes that came in the truck with heavy duty Trailer Package.

I will be greatful for any help I can get.

Thanks The Alaskan Kid

bora
04-20-2002, 15:14
Hi

I just checked this out today myself, I believe the socket for the plug that comes with the factory harness is inside the black box right next to the brake pedal. Undo the plastic nut on top, then slowly unlatch the three plastic (fragile) latches and take the black plastic cover off. Then look for the socket that matches your plug.

Bora

JEBar
04-20-2002, 16:21
Above information is correct ... simple installation .... has to be, I did mine! :confused:

dmaxstu
04-20-2002, 19:41
Jordan is kind of sensive where the ground connects so I ran it back to the battery where I attached it with a new side post connector acquired at Radio Shack. The other 2 wires connect to the harness which come with the truck I think it was the same colors that matched I got rid of all the other wires from the harness. Sure works well you'd never know you were pulling a trailer so far as braking is concerned. And the nice part is that when you are not pulling the trailer you just unhook the skinny cable from the brake pedal arm and the controller is dead untill you hook it up again. Stu

Maverick
04-20-2002, 22:33
I plugs in the 2nd from the left socket at the very top in the junction block next to the brake pedal.

mdrag
04-20-2002, 22:52
Topic moved to 2500HD/3500 HD TRUCKS & DRIVETRAIN forum.