PDA

View Full Version : My truck was hit!

1BADDMAX
04-21-2002, 11:41
Too bad it really F'd the car up!! hahahaha
Oh well **** happens....

Take a look at the pictures on my site.. They are quick and dirty but show the damage.. mostly to the car!!!

Can't even turn into your own driveway anymore. :eek:

I will need a new bumper, tralier hitch and new brackets... and that should be it.

mackin
04-21-2002, 14:33
You got away LUCKY.....Any way you look at it sucks........Now the fun begins soon as you try and collect from Insurance company........I got slammed liked that in my 93 Dually on the interstate coming to a construction site dead stop at 65. The guy behind me in a DROF mustang 4cyl one...Slammed right into me totaled his car.....I'll I needed was a bumper..Thank goodness for class 3 hitches. In 93 they were a lot beefier and more exposed from behind.....Called his ins. company immediately went to the dealer had them put an OEM bumper on. Cost I think $150 bucks.......Then there ins. company tried to make me settle for an after market bumper $25 cheaper...... I said look, the new bumpers on and I paid cash I want to be reimbursed.... They gave me crap..I said I'll call you back after I visit the doctor tomorrow...... They Overnighted me the check..LOL
MAC :D :D GOOD LUCK

[ 04-21-2002: Message edited by: mackin ]</p>

NutNbutGMC
04-21-2002, 14:44
If ya' run into problems on the OEM replacement parts, give me a yell. It's actually cut and dry as to the OEM requirements. The Bozos that try to screw you, do this due to their ignorance. You CAN have OEM parts at your request. Just ask $t@te Farm....

[ 04-21-2002: Message edited by: NutNbutGMC ]</p>

1BADDMAX
04-21-2002, 16:56
Thanks for the advice..... tomorrow the fun starts when I start to get estimates and talk to the insurance company.

NickLeinonen
04-22-2002, 04:38
my pop's 99 silverado was popped in the rear passenger side corner when he was stopping for a red light. the bumper support bracket colapsed and the bumper corner contacted the body and pushed it in about 1.5".
the fu*kin' knob that hit him was a complete idoit. at the time, he was using the right turn lane to pass cars in traffic. oh well, his vehicle was a right off, but what the real kicker is, he had an over full load of kids [5 in the back] in his buick century [iirc?] with a rear facing baby seat in the passenger side seat complete with baby... idoit...

1BADDMAX
04-22-2002, 05:57
I was relieved to see that the bumper hadn't hit the bed. The bumper did it's job. Actually I think the trailer hitch helped out more than the bumper! The biggest thing that probably saved me is that I was getting ready to turn, I already had my foot off the brake and just getting ready to let off the clutch. That probably saved me from more damage.

RustyRoss
04-22-2002, 06:12
I got rear ended on the Bayway by a Nissan p/u about two weeks after I got the truck. Some nut decided to stop in front of me. Nissan was totaled. Centered the trailer hitch with the solid dong in. At first I couldn't even tell there was any damage. Had to replace the bumper and receiver (I didn't trust it). Put the truck on the computer frame machine, everything square. Amazing truck!!! :eek:

1BADDMAX
04-22-2002, 18:03
...had the adjuster out today and also got an estimate. About $900 in damages. New bumper, brackets and hitch. The bumper itself is $450. The hitch is $140. The rest is labor and brackets. At least I don't have to pay for it.