PDA

View Full Version : Suspension Bushings and Beefed Up Tie Rods

bhinrichs
05-30-2003, 00:03
I understand that some have upgraded the suspension bushings to neopreme and have gotten some beefed up tie rods.

Who makes em, how much, how hard to do?

Thanks,

Bert

Silver Bullet
05-30-2003, 08:15
BassinRVer will be interested in this...he broke a tie rod yesterday!!!

mtomac
05-30-2003, 11:56
The beefed up inner tie rods are a one off deal I made for truck pulling. I also have the urethane bushings (upper & lower A-arms & sway bar) from energy suspension on my truck. I also have the urethane bushings for the rear leaf springs but I haven't put them in yet.

dmaxalliTech
05-30-2003, 19:57
I am not sure what the parts cost for poly bushings. I do know that after putting the bushings in Tomacs truck, I have to have a better way to do it, Its not a walk in the park for sure!. His tie rods he made up are first class, very simple yet very good. Install of them is easy. Maybe Tomac would be interested in selling some beefed tie rods?? MIke?

BassinRVer
05-31-2003, 14:31
After breaking my tierod on the first outing after getting the bigger tires I need these beefer tierods so please fill me in.

BassinRVer
05-31-2003, 14:35
See link for pic of my tires.

http://www.pbase.com/rjctamu/inbox

mtomac
05-31-2003, 22:38
what were you doing when you broke it?

I'll get some pics and a price and get back with you.

JoeyD
06-01-2003, 08:26
Mike, I would like to see some pictures and prices as well.
jdecampo@rcn.com

BassinRVer
06-10-2003, 08:33
I was going uphill on a 45 degree incline and the front tires started wheel hopping near the top. I stoped because she acted like she could not make it up the hill and so I started to back backward down the hill and the front end was pushing to the left even though the steering wheel was straight. At the bottom of the hill I got out to check it out and noticed the tires pointing in opposite direction. Did I mentioned that I thought I bent the tierod doing 4 wheel luaches at the track a couple of weeks ago.

BassinRVer
07-21-2003, 07:23
Micheal,

I broke another tierod. Can I get these beefed up tierods? My e-mail is rjconner@transystems.com. Can you put me in contact with the maker of these beefef up tierods? I need help. Everytime I go offroad I brake a tirerod. Chevy should be having a recall on these tierods!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!