PDA

View Full Version : Rancho 9000's on 3500

Road Kill
04-22-2002, 13:00
Has anyone found it helpfull to add Rancho 9000 adj. shocks to the 3500 one ton trucks which will haul slide-in campers? Is it something that you would recommend? I will be hauling around 3000lb camper and pulling a 2500lb boat. Thanks for your input. tongue.gif

JEFSHP
04-22-2002, 13:48
Road Kill,

(kool Handle) I am just starting to carry a 3500lbs. camper and towing a 7000lbs. horse trailer. I need better suspension too. I just bought some heavy duty automatic shocks (Les Schwab(Gabrial, new developement)and have yet to put them on. Talking to a fellow camper, I was reminded of the use of a rear axle anti-sway torsion bar, which should reduce the sway problem and improve all around handling.

Coldheart (John)

2002 2500HD 4x4 Ext Cab 6.0
Citation 10-6 camper
Circle J 3 horse (1) tennesee walker (1) 1/4 horse (I guess the're not fully a horse)
McGregor 26X motor sailor

mark45678
04-22-2002, 18:49
this is the exact thing I have found my 9000 are really good at! set them on 5 with heavy loads and it will keep the spring see-saw under control like you have never felt. last march we towed from Ma to Keywest with a full load in the bed and trailer full and forgot to set the shocks before I left,after a few mile I knew exactly what was missing ....stiff shocks!!!!pulled over befor I got see sick and turn them up to 5 and that smoothed things out nicely.the more weight you put on the springs the more rebound control you need from your shocks(due to higher spring rates). there expensive but worth the money.... I cant say if there is better shocks for all uses but this one has a spot in my driveway for the last 2 years and last 2 trucks! :D

Road Kill
04-25-2002, 07:43
Thanks Mark and John for your replys. I decided to order the Rancho 9000 shocks. I am convinced they will be a big inprovement over stock shocks at least for hauling my slid-in camper. I will post about the install battle and how well I think they work. smile.gif