PDA

View Full Version : Time for New Tires

BobW
05-30-2003, 22:35
Finally wore out the Steeltex (14K miles). Thinking of going to the 265's. Called a few dealers about reprogramming. Two said it couldn't be done, two would do it for $70 and one said they had ABS error codes after reflashing.
Do I need to reprogram going up the 1.2 inches with the 265's, and for those of you who have reprogrammed - did you have any problems afterward?
Any problems with the 265's on stock rims with a fifth wheel weighting down the bed?
Thanks!

Burner
05-30-2003, 23:05
Bob, I would not worry one bit about 265's. If you can, get your hands on a GPS and use it to get your speed with 265's. Make sure you're on flat ground and that your speed is constant for 20 seconds during the test. My truck speedo' states 70 MPH while my actual speed is 70.5 with Cooper 265's, wopeee.... tongue.gif If you have a concern about anything, it shoud lay with the ABS. If you wish for this system to work er.... normal, then you should get a "dealer" fix. Other than that ....... enjoy! :D :D

Burner--------> :D

05-31-2003, 02:48
No problem with reprograming the ABS. Went to 225x19.5 and used 235x16 as the size to reprogram and it worked fine. The dealer did for free.

DinoMax
05-31-2003, 12:17
The problem with not reprogramming for the tire change is when the computer is receiving incorrect data, it sends out incorrect data, i.e. other functions such as ABS, transmission shift points, etc., are affected. I could really tell the difference the way my truck acted after the recalibration (with a Predator) for the larger tires, especially in the way the Allison shifted. Obviously, just going to 265's is not a drastic change like mine (315/75/16's), but a recalibration will assure everything is working together. ;)