PDA

View Full Version : Allison Overfilled,DAMAGE?

DMAXTODD
05-31-2003, 01:58
I got my new (used) truck home and with 18,000 and some miles I thought I better atleast change the Alli filter before I tow alot or get a chance to have it flused,anyway I finish and check fluid and had to drain about 2.5 qts out to bring it just down to the hot area at about 150 degrees(drove about 15 min before checking level) on the dipstick. Does being overfilled due any damage to the trans? so much for GM Certified they didn,t check the A/C( does not work, off course I did'nt know till on the way home) or the trans? or probably anything esle, I do not have alot of confidence in the dealers around here.

dmaxalliTech
05-31-2003, 20:41
dmax, did you get a copy of the certified inspection? At least its under the 3/36 warr for the a/c. I would have them recheck it, and make sure everything else is in good condition.

DMAXTODD
06-04-2003, 13:30
Thanks, Dmaxallitech, Is the form the one that lists the items supposed to be checked or an actual check off list that was done?

dmaxalliTech
06-04-2003, 15:04
dmaxtodd, the form is a checklist that has everything that is supposed to be checked, it will be checked as 'ok' or 'needs attention'