PDA

View Full Version : Can I pull the 4x4 fuse on my '03?

roegs
05-31-2003, 09:21
We're leaving on our family camping trip this weekend, pulling our RV with our new '03 2500HD. After reading about all the problems with the '03 electronic 4x4 systems, I'm thinking I might be better off just pulling the fuse to avoid any problems that might dampen our camping trip. Are there any issues with leaving the fuse (the one under the hood) removed?

dmaxalliTech
05-31-2003, 20:38
Scott, you can do so but I wouldnt bother with it unless your having problems.

jbplock
06-01-2003, 05:58
I recently had a "Service 4WD" appear in the odometer/ message display. I had parked the truck on a slight incline over night with the parking brake on, and when I drove away in the morning, the "Service 4WD" message popped up. I pulled off the road and shut down, and when I restarted the message was gone. Later I looked in the owner’s manual and it said that if you get this message and it doesn't reappear after shut down, it OK. Is this a precursor to the 2003 4WD problems reported here in the forum?? It's only happened once so far.

[ 06-02-2003, 04:03 AM: Message edited by: jbplock ]

roegs
06-01-2003, 12:57
Thanks for the note Eric. I've not had any problems yet, so I'll just leave things alone.

Murf
06-01-2003, 21:54
Had the same thing happen on mine with about 300 miles on it. Stopped, restarted, service 4wd came back up - tried again a little later and it did not come up. Brought it into the shop because of issues raised on this forum - they said yes, theres a problem, they've ordered the part and will give me a call and replace whatevers wrong with it - figured I'd do it now as when it happened, there were no lights on the push buttons at all - push 4wd - nothing - push 2wd nothing - but it would go down the road - they claim an error came up on the computer that they had not seen in that shop as of yet. Murf

jbplock
06-02-2003, 04:07
Murf,
Thanks for the info. I think I'll call my dealer and make an appointment.

Diesel Freak
06-05-2003, 21:01
One note about pulling the fuse, if you do so, your air conditioning compressor will not run. Don't ask me what the heck they have to do with each other, but I've personally experienced it!