PDA

View Full Version : Ranncho RS9000 questions...

Alli-max
04-24-2002, 08:43
I am thinking about these seriously, but REALLy want to know how good they REALLy are. Does it REALLY make that big of a difference? thats a lot of jack for shocks.

Also, how long will it take me to install these?

R Waller
04-24-2002, 10:49
mark,
they are not as smooth as the bilsteines. period, but, if you tow much they work really well. I tow different trailers on different settings, heavier trailer, higher settings. Normal driving, a lot of people set them on one, I have body roll when the front is set on one or 2, plus I like a firmer ride so I run my dual fronts on two each, which is like running single shocks on four.

On the rear settings, you can definitly feel each setting, much more so then the front....
but remember, I run a Ford with a solid front...

mark45678
04-24-2002, 19:18
install time less then 2 hours for all,you really dont even need to jack it up if your under 200lbs or have a short creaper. it will help if you do.. I run the rear set on 3~4 with about 800 lbs in the bed 5 if towing and 3 in front empty ,4 towing its firm but not harsh. there a nice aftermarket shock and wouldnt think twice given todays choices! :cool:

[ 04-25-2002: Message edited by: mark45678 ]</p>

SoCalDMAX
04-24-2002, 23:43
Alli-max,

I heard the Bilsteins were excellent, but went with the Rancho 9000s due to the adjustability. The stock shocks were a unique combination of harsh ride with too little control. The worst shocks I've ever seen.

I installed all 4 Ranchos with a creeper and air tools in about 30 min. total. With hand tools, add another 15-30 min.

They really do have a remarkable range of adjustability. With the front set on 1, it's very soft and bouncy. 5 is much stiffer than stock, I've got it set to 4. The rears are set to 3. Feels very controlled, but supple and smooth.

I like them, I finally feel like the truck has a balanced suspension front to rear. Of course, all bets are off if you have a drawbridge hanging off the front! ;)

ON EDIT: If you buy them, the stickers in the box ARE NOT bumper stickers like I thought they were. They go on the shocks. Put the stickers on the shocks BEFORE mounting them, then you won't look like me! Nothing humbles a guy like having to slide under the truck to install stickers on the shocks or taking a bath in tranny fluid. ;)

Regards, Steve

[ 04-24-2002: Message edited by: SoCalDMAX ]</p>