PDA

View Full Version : Rear End Oil Cooler

poorloser
06-02-2003, 10:27
Does anyone have any suggestions for a pump to circulate rear end oil through a cooler?
Thanks Poor Loser

fred
06-02-2003, 16:57
i have built a couple on kit cars ive built, you can go to any circle track parts company and buy all the parts,about $300-400 ,but whey do you need it?

technician
06-03-2003, 18:34
Poorloser,

Check out this thread by Brokers. He runs Quite a few rigs and has a good knowledge of what works and what doesn't.

http://forum.thedieselpage.com/ubb/ultimatebb.php?ubb=get_topic;f=3;t=005395

Good luck !!

poorloser
06-05-2003, 05:50
technician
Thanks for the info on BROKERS! It is what I was looking for but couldn't find. Thanks again!!

Poorloser

SoCalDMAX
06-05-2003, 13:41
poorloser,

Do you suspect that your diff is running hot? (I was careful not to say rear end :eek: )

The reason I ask is that I have a Mag-hytek cover and it holds 8 qts, as well as having a fitting for a temp sender. I think the highest temp I've ever seen was about 170*, and this was towing 10,000lbs up some steep hills. I bought the diff cover for the extra cooling effect and double the lube cap., and it seems to be working good.

Normally, I have a nagging concern that the normal 100-140* temps I see are not in the optimal range for the oil to do it's job, but I'm no expert.

I can see why Brokers is using the pump; his trucks are pushed very hard at max load all of the time. Are you doing the same? For us who just tow the occasional RV, it seems like a very complicated setup.

R, Steve