PDA

View Full Version : News about Hotchkis Performance new Sway Bar for 2500/3500 HD

TFEnt
04-25-2002, 16:47
Hotchkis Performance will be sending me their new sway bar for my 2500 HD D-Max next week. I will be test fitted next weekend and if all goes well, as it should, they will be available the 6th of May. I will be photo documenting the whole installation and writing a set of directions for the install.

I can attest to the fact that Hotchkis Performance products are far superior to most others. My 1996 Impala SS is fully loaded with everything they make for it. For more information please stay tuned for the updates.

Charles
04-25-2002, 16:57
I will agree that hotchkis makes very quality products. However, from what I have seen, there prices are way to high.

TFEnt
04-25-2002, 17:47
You can purchase the bars WHEN they are available through Sam Smith at Fairway Chevrolet in Las Vegas, NV. He can be reached at vflss@lvcm.com or 1-800-395-1440. I am willing to bet he is the cheapest for any Hotchkis product. He also has great GM product prices. Don't forget to tell him who sent you.

[ 04-25-2002: Message edited by: SSmokybear ]</p>

sooty
04-27-2002, 10:33
SSmokybear, Please tell us what makes Hotchkis products far superior to most other brands. Do they make their sway bars from a better alloy, bigger diameter, etc.? And how do you know that they are superior, have you tested them along side the other brands? I am aways suspicious of such statements. Humm ! (Sponsors)Jim

[ 04-27-2002: Message edited by: sooty ]</p>

TFEnt
04-27-2002, 13:56
Well Sooty (Jim), It is not so much the metals and such. But the engineering for one is done in house and is road tested by John Hotchkis himself. He engineers his products by testing them on the streets. This may sound weird but when it comes to aftermarket equipment for high performance cars most other manufactures do all of there testing on the track. Then people buy the products and drive their vehicles on the streets. This causes the feeling of an oversteering condition to a neutral steering condition. Not good for the streets. When you design and built the products for the streets you get the best performance for the conditions YOU will be driving.

Secondly, Hotchkis Performance products are built in house. This allows Hotchkis to ensure that the products are being built to his exact specifications. Other manufacturers will sub-contract the work out with little quality control on both the bending specifications and the type of metals/alloys used.

These are just a few reasons that many others and myself believe Hotchkis Performance products to be superior to most others. Other smaller reason for their superiority are that all of their products are powder coated, and even though it is not written anywhere, most of the products that Hotchkis offers have a lifetime guarantee. While it is true that Hotchkis Performance does sponsor my 96 Impala SS, it is also true that I asked them to sponsor the car because I didn

sooty
04-27-2002, 15:16
Thanks for that candid answer. One could put the name of "QUICKOR" in place of "HOTCHKIS" in your text and most of what you said is true for them also. Jim