PDA

View Full Version : Has anyone heard from BIGBOB

mackin
04-28-2002, 19:35
How is he making out on the botched crossmember job? Is he close to getting his new rig?Or not? Just curious.......Somebody else was on the same band wagon too?........Looking for updates......They guy with the gutted D-MAX with guts hanging out post on anouther site (GM) he is getting a new truck....Their is a color issue,Indingo blue no longer offered in 03..Want's them to paint his cap....GOOD LUCK ON THAT..... Gave up on SAMBO and his non warranty issue for guages..He never responded......Oh Well.......
MAC :D :D

NutNbutGMC
04-28-2002, 20:09
I last heard from Bob here, on the forum on 03-20-2002. Here's what he allowed:

Quote, from BigBob;
It happened a month ago today, and for awhile it seemed like it was going to take forever, if ever.
On the second day the dealers service writer and mechanic confessed right away to the error and told me the repair was simple. I took a few days to research my concerns and on day 6, met with service manager who told me I was over reacting. On day 13 met with the owner and told him my truck would not pass a provincial safety check (mechanic agreed) and left it at the dealership until there was a resolve(mechanical or replacement).day 20 the dealers sales manager called me and I met him on day 22 and he had a proposal for buy back with a usage fee, for year I used my truck. On day 24 I talked to the owner on the phone, to discuss what was proposed and concluded with a agreement.
1. buy back at the price I payed . 2. purchase 2002 at the same price as 2001. 3. sprayed reflex Bedliner 4. upgrade the tire on 2002 to Michilens 265's 5. loaner until new arrives. 6. and yes the usage fee which will amount to about 5% of the value of the vehicle which I used for a year and and enjoyed 30,000 kms. Yes I am happy with the outcome. Just wish the new one was here.
I Thank all the members that provided opinons they were greatly appreciated..
End Quote.

He shot me an e-mail shortly thereafter and said he was pleased with the new machine, and was off and running on the retirement preparation trail. I have an e-mail in to him now, awaiting an answer back as to his whereabouts.

mackin
04-29-2002, 04:08
NutNbutGMC,

Thanks, for the leg work......Now that is problem resolved.and problem solved ....Good luck to BIGBOB....Hope it stops in and drops us a note......He should of had them tose in a lap top with a cellular modem...Could have told them he throw his old one out of the window after he seen the "BOTCHED " job .......... Just kidding........
MAC :D :D

[ 04-29-2002: Message edited by: mackin ]</p>

BigBob
05-01-2002, 10:22
Well, I am still very much alive.
I have tried to stay away from the desielpage for a while, with not having a truck it was like opening up a wound, while I was waiting. Just joking, it was really not that bad, but I am sure lost with out my truck. The dealer called yesterday said he has the new one in, and is putting the Michelins on today and they are spraying the RELEX bedliner tommorrow and I hope to get it Friday just in time for the weekend. nutnbutgmc I did get your email.

I have one question about the new truck though, On my last truck I had the G80 locking diff and it was clearly listed as a extra at $300 and change on the invoice , the new one has the the locking diff listed in the standard equipment area and doesn't show any extra cost. Am I get the same rear diff as my last truck had?
Any input would be greatly appreciated