PDA

View Full Version : Duramax and Racing.....

01_Duramax_Dually
04-28-2002, 19:58
This kind of Duramax related since my truck got me to the track.
I competed in the PSCA SI Valves Spring Nationals at Famoso race track. I qualified 5th out of 22 entries with a 8.65@160 MPH. I went 2 rounds and lost by 1/2 a fender. GREAT Race. 8.58 @ 162 to a 8.60 @ 160.3.

I would like to thank my Duramax truck for getting me there with no problems.

What I found most interesting...I counted 11 DMAX trucks....Ford had a few and Dodge was no where to be found......The tables appear to have turned...

Again Great Job GM...Very nice truck.... :D ..

Next Race..."The Strip" at Las Vegas over Labor Day weekend...Come on out and watch some Heads Up racing.

Regards

Jeff

Flyboy
04-30-2002, 10:29
My Dmax/Allison hauled me and my camper trailer to a three day flat trak motorcycle event in Waco, Tx. this past weekend. I counted five Duramax trucks hooked up to large trailers. Also my son won the 883 Harley overall and place third in the AMA pro class. Congradulations to everyone who lets it all hang out!! Go fast, turn left!! :D :D

battmain
04-30-2002, 11:42
"Go fast, turn left!!"

Some of us prefer to turn both left and right! tongue.gif Anybody can drive fast in a straight line. (ducking!) :D

Brian

Flyboy
04-30-2002, 12:10
We turn right on the T-T tracks and we are hardly ever in a straight line, also, we ride mototcycles, we don't drive them!! :D :D

01_Duramax_Dually
05-01-2002, 07:42
Battmain...HAHAHAHAHA
You are absolutely right...Anybody can go straight....Heck, my 10 year old daughter can drive my car to the staging lanes....I think it is the stopping part of the program that is the challenging part. I sit and think sometimes. Man I went from 0 - 160 mph in 1320 foot span then I have to stop this 3430 lb pig.....HAHAHAHAHA......YIPPPPEEEEE... Turning...who needs to turn...Let's worry about stopping first then we can consider the turning option...... :eek: