PDA

View Full Version : GMC is Four Wheeler "Truck of the Year"

hoot
11-23-2002, 19:35
I thought is was pretty funny that a GMC 1500 Quadrasteer beat out a brand new F250 with the new 6.0 Powerstroke diesel in Four Wheeler's annual offroad truck competition.

Yea I know, it's really not a fair comparison the way Four Wheeler does it but they really put the Ford down.

They ripped the steering damper off the front axle on the first trail. The showed a picture of the Ford on the trail with parts laying on the ground behind it. So much for it's much touted ground clearance and off-roadability. The steering stopped working all together in some situations. They said to avoid it if you expect to be able to steer precisely ;)

They said to avoid the Dodge Ram 2500 HD if you feel a vehicle ought not to jar your filling loose :D

afp
11-23-2002, 20:07
Hoot,

I absolutely love my DMax but even it isn't as good an off road truck as my 01 Z-71. The DMax ground clearance is a tad low, and the front end is heavy as well. I am suprised they even tested the diesel rigs. I would have only tested 1/2 ton 4WDs with the factory's best suspension.

Blaine

GMCTRUCK
11-23-2002, 23:08
Only trucks that are substantially new for 2003 were elligible for the comparison. Then its up to the manufacturer to supply an ellgible truck in time for the test. This is why sometimes it seems like they are comparing apples to oranges. On the TDR website the Dodge guys are screaming about the Dodge coming in last of the four entries and how its some kind of conspiracy. Of course I was cranky and ignourant too until I got rid of my Dodge. Number 2 or in this case number 4 is always jealous of number 3 2 and 1. tongue.gif