PDA

View Full Version : Reprogram remote keyless entry ?

Xmas1
06-08-2003, 06:51
I traded in my '02 for an '03 and when I picked it up the dealer couldn't find the second set of keys. He told me to bring it back when the service department was open to get a key and reprogram the remotes. He gave me a #2 remote from another truck. I wold rather do it myself then go back to the dealer. How do you program the remotes. I did it before on my '95 with jumping out a combination of conections and pressing the buttons on the remote. Is it about the same or completely different?

rtquig
06-08-2003, 08:11
It explains in the manual how to do it. Make sure both remotes have the same numbers on the backside.

Xmas1
06-08-2003, 09:34
The only thing that I was able to find in the manual is page 2-5, which says to take it to the dealer, the dealer needs to match the remote to the vehicle.

mdrag
06-08-2003, 11:43
Xmas1,

I had this in my notes on remote programming. I don't recall where I found this posted, and I've never confirmed that it works:

1. Ignition OFF. Press and hold the power unlock button on the door panel. Cycle the ignition key ON, OFF, ON, OFF. Release power unlock button. The locks will automatically cycle once to verify programming mode.

2. Hold down the keyless transmitter's LOCK and UNLOCK buttons for 15 seconds. The locks will cycle once to indicate successful programming.

3. Repeat step #2 for ALL additional keyless transmitters even if they were previoulsy programmed.

4. Turn the ignition ON to exit the programming mode.

Good luck.

dmaxalliTech
06-08-2003, 11:46
mdrag nailed it, thats the way

Maverick
06-08-2003, 14:24
My son locked the door on my 3500. I used my remote from my GMC to unlock it. Like Mdrag said, I just held the LOCK and UNLOCK down at the same time. The locks just cycled on the truck and presto. Unlock. I wonder if you could open anyones truck by using this method. It worked on my 2 trucks????

DieselDixon
06-08-2003, 14:46
What if you have the memory seats?

1. Ignition OFF. Press and hold the power unlock button on the door panel. Cycle the ignition key ON, OFF, ON, OFF. Release power unlock button. The locks will automatically cycle once to verify programming mode.

2. Hold down the keyless transmitter's LOCK and UNLOCK buttons for 15 seconds. The locks will cycle once to indicate successful programming.

3. Repeat step #2 for ALL additional keyless transmitters even if they were previoulsy programmed.

4. Turn the ignition ON to exit the programming mode.

Maverick
06-08-2003, 15:28
What if you have the memory seats?Don't understand the question. Whats memory seats got to do with the keyless remote system? I have memory seats and can't think of any issues.

So I guess the answer would be....so what if you do.

DieselDixon
06-08-2003, 15:47
On the 03's the remotes are coded to the memory seats. I carry remote 1 (labeled on the back) and my wife carry's remote 2 (labeled on the back) and whenever I unlock the door with my remote the seat goes to the number 1 memory and when my wife uses her remote it goes to number 2 memory before you even open the door. I love this feature!

Maverick
06-08-2003, 20:09
Well gollee.....03's got a lot more crap than previous years.

Xmas1
06-08-2003, 21:24
mdrag,
You got it. It worked just as you said. The first remote to be programmed was driver #1 and the second one to be programmed was driver #2.
The memory seat, memory mirrors and even the memory radio station all work in conjunction with each remote now. This truck is a lot better then my '02, it even rides better with less rear end bounce. GM put a lot more things for creature comforts (toys) then in the past. Great truck so far. (Only got 120 miles as of today)

Thanks for the information; this is a great web site.

Xmas1

DieselDixon
06-08-2003, 21:31
The only thing I wish they would have added was the mirrors adjusting too.

Xmas1
06-09-2003, 19:29
DieselDixon,
The side mirrors do change with each driver. I had to play with them for a little while but they do change. What you need to do is set them for #1 driver, press and hold the #1 seat memory button on the door until you hear 2 beeps. This stores all setting into memory (seat, lumbar, mirrors, radio station, and all the settings from the personalized driver information center) Once set push the #2 memory seat setting on the door and repeat the above. Remember to press and hold the memory button on the door until you hear 2 beeps once you change something.

mdrag
06-09-2003, 19:31
Xmas1,

Total Labor: Less time than finishing off (1) Yingling! :D ;)

mdrag

DieselDixon
06-09-2003, 19:52
Xmas1,

I have the power extendable mirrors and I think with these mirrors they did not offer that feature?