PDA

View Full Version : leather on the 40-20-40 bench seats?

Mark Bajus
04-30-2002, 14:25
Can you get this? I Was playing (dreaming) on the GM canada website, and it didnt show as an available option. I like the idea of having a 6 passenger seating option (more like 2 adults and 4 smallish kids).

SoCalDMAX
04-30-2002, 18:30
Hi Mark,

I have the 40/20/40 seats and AFAIK, they only come with cloth. They're fantastic seats, really feel as close to a bucket seat as I could want in a truck. It's nice to flip up the center console and put my arm around the passenger. Just hope the wife doesn't see me... J/K! ;)

If all of the adults are normal sized and half of them were women, 6 could fit comfortably for medium range trips. Really big interior.

Regards, Steve

LA DMAX
04-30-2002, 19:41
I have the 40-20-40 split bench in leather also. Very comfortable seats I might add.

LA DMAX

NutNbutGMC
04-30-2002, 20:07
^...Other than the D/A setup, my next priority was the 40-20-40 seat configuration, however, I have never (personally) seen them available in leather. As a mater of fact, cloth was the appealing factor of the seats. Just a personal preference for me.

mcfly
04-30-2002, 21:02
40/20/40 with leather is available. I have it in my 4X4 LS 3500 CC long bed. I do not know what the part number is but I can assure you that you can get it. smile.gif

[ 04-30-2002: Message edited by: mcfly ]</p>

Maverick
04-30-2002, 22:24
You can't get heated 40/20/40 leather seats from the factory I've been told. This is the only downside. I love the heated leather in my SLT.

Big O
05-01-2002, 00:27
The only reason that I did not get the leather is some dumb @ss configuration rule that GM has that it is not available with the ZF6, only with the Allison. Can any SANE person tell me what the ZF6 has to do with not being able to get leather?? :confused: :eek: :mad:

01_Duramax_Dually
05-01-2002, 07:33
I have the light gray leather 40-20-40 option in my 3500 CC LS. Matter of fact it was one of the constraints that delayed delivery of my truck as it was a Special order and GM was not stocked with the material. I wanted that seat configuration in leather as I routinely have 6 in my truck and the cloth stuff has just never appealed to me..Personal preference.

However I did hear from my fleet manager friend not to long ago that the leather option for the 40-20-40 was no longer available. So it appears that only some 01 owners and maybe a few 02's were delivered this way. This is from a fleet manager so it is a reputable statement but we did not physically confirm this, it was passing conversation

As for the packaging format from GM, I really miss the old days where you checked a box and got exactly what you wanted, there were not these "limited package arrangements". I would have really enjoyed heated seats and 6 way memory however that is only available with the LT option, but with the LT option you cannot get the 40-20-40 seating arrangement and I absolutely did not want the Onstar Junk. Then I thought it was bizarre that if you order the Auto dimming/compass/temp rear view mirror and CD player only (not including the cassette), you automatically get a rear window defroster and I would have rather had a sliding rear window which I found out later was not available.

Go Figure.

I guess if you stomp up and down they might do some digging for you....other than that most of them say..."Sorry not available with that package option".."Next choice please"... :rolleyes:

AndrewF
05-01-2002, 08:03
SOCALDMAX, I also have the 40-20-40 bench front seat in cloth. The only problem I find is that even with the centre console up, the space that should be available is impeded by the female sockets of the safety belt, as they stick up at a 45 deg. forward angle and cannot be swivelled out of the way on the fastening bolts, so that one can lie down in comfort. My question is , am I missing something ? i.e. If one loosens the bolts will they then swivel or will this compromise the performance of the belt itself ?
Any one else noticed this ? Any solution ?
If this can be overcome easily it would be a great bench seat.

drmike
05-01-2002, 20:40
I've got a 2002 with the 40-20-40 leather seat and it looks great. I didn't know that it wasn't an option anymore.

Mark Bajus
05-02-2002, 13:43
Well, the leather would be nice from personal preference, dont see why they would drop it as both the other guys have it. Guess aftermarket will ahve to be it if/when I drop the big coin on a new one.

sse01
05-03-2002, 08:22
My truck rolled off the trailer 3 weeks ago with leather 40/20/40 seats. It appears that they are still building them that way.

GMC-2002-Dmax
05-03-2002, 17:58
Leather or Cloth???

I was set to order my truck with leather but upon a careful review of the FINE PRINT and a close inspection of 2 LT's on the dealers lot I determined that the front seating surfaces on a CC are leather, however the rear bench seat is as stated in the brochure "Simulated Leather".

I opted instead for the SLE in my 02 GMC with the cloth covered power buckets. The console cup holders on the bech seat trucks were inconveniently placed too low.

I was also turned off by the price difference for an SLE to an SLT. Apples to Apples comparison on price I just could not justify the expense for ON-STAR, Leather and Climate control.

But hey, if you like it to each there own.

GMC :D

Mark Bajus
05-06-2002, 11:08
Yah, I noticed the "stimulated" leather rear seat note as well. Anyone know if the other guys use real or fake leather (why dont they just CALL it vinyl?)

bora
05-06-2002, 13:58
I have full leather front bench seat with the fold down middle on my Chevy LS.
Rear seats are supposedly made out of vinyl, they look good to me regardless.

Supposedly leather bench seat is a special order item, I just got lucky I guess.