PDA

View Full Version : Anyone here have actually WORK at a GM dealership?

MudNurI
04-30-2002, 19:42
I need someone's help...

As you may know, my '01 D/A CC has problems with its rear seat belts...they are desperatly needing replacement, and my dealer keeps telling me they are "temporarily on back order"...I know this is a safety issue, since the seat belts lock unexpectidly, and the ONLY way to get them to release is to unbuckle, and retract it ALL the way back to the "starting" position... I have had a major battle with the service manager regarding my truck's nasty leak from the powersteering/brake fluid resivour area, steering shaft, and these seat belts.. I basically informed him that he has 72 hours to get me my seatbelts and have them installed, explaining to him that my children ride in the back of the truck daily, and I KNOW the safety of them is in jepordy...

For instance, if you are driving down the road, and they lock,,,, you then get in an accident, before having time to stop the truck, and release the belt, its not going to "give" at all, basically its going to crush them, the weight of them, in porpotion to the speed travelled, and the accident stopping speed...I'm pretty ****ed to say the least!

I have called a few other dealers, and they wont' even check to see if the parts are avail, without me driving their dropping off my truck for the day, and them checking the seatbelts...so that's not an option, this is a work truck and down time is down time, which means $$$...

if someone out here, works at a dealership, can you check stock on the seatbelts..they are the graffite color...
Tomorrow morning, after I call the general manager, I will be placing a call to the General himself, and get this on my case file...I've just about had it with this dealer..the only problem is that the other dealerships are totally out of the way, and have very limited D/A experience..this is the biggest dealership in about a 75 mile area.. UGGHH so if someone can check for me, so I can at least say well, I KNOW for a fact that they are avail....maybe it will lite a fire under this guys a** and get my belts fixed..

thanks guys!

sorry for rambling
Brandy

mackin
04-30-2002, 20:05
They could be on a national B.O........I could call locally is it the rear shoulder,both sides, right? Not famillar with crew cab set up.........You're only in Southern VT two hours from Me.........Instead of discussing warranty with other dealers ,just try and buy them .When ,where you find them tell YOUR dealer to air frieght them or else.....
MAC

[ 04-30-2002: Message edited by: mackin ]</p>

bobojay
05-01-2002, 00:26
Our truck has the same situation with the rear & the passenger front belts.
Our 1997 Blazer did the same thing. We replaced the belts, no change. So they replaced them again, no change. The dealer finally found out that's the way they're supposed to be.
I know it's a pain in the rear or whatever. We drove 2 other HD's before we bought this one, they were the same way................

MudNurI
05-01-2002, 05:13
The main reason for my concern is the fact that our 99 Z-71 had this problem on just the front seats..I complained complained and complained some more, FINALLY GM issued a RECALL, and I got them fixed...I have explained this over and over to the idiot behind the counter at our dealership, he's the SAME guy that I complained about our 99's problems,,you'd think he would know not to screw around with my truck by now, but he doesnt..

Yes, they are the outside seat belts, for both sides..we have a total of 3 HD crewcabs in our family and our's is the only 1 that does this. I'm at the point now where I basically tell this guy to take the damn seat belts outta some truck on the lot and put them in mine, and when the new ones come in- put them in the other truck, but I tried that once, and he was basically "nope can't do that".... total BS if you ask me...I'll post after I talk to the "general" this morning, as to what they have to say, and maybe they even can give me more info on the "rattle" in the front end...UUGGHH I just love this truck too damn much to have it down for petty crap like this!

thanks guys
Brandy