PDA

View Full Version : Need Help with Lift

afp
11-24-2002, 21:26
I have already searched the site for info on lift, and still haven't found what I wanted. I need a couple inched of lift to keep my truck out of the mud and grass while I'm hunting. I got mud and jammed into places I didn't think it could go. I currently have 265/75s, and they are really tall enough--it's the underside of the frame that keeps dragging in the mud.

What is the best way to get 2" or so of lift? I don't want to mess with longer driveshafts, put undue stress on my suspension, or stiffen the ride.

I am thinking a 2.5" lift block in the rear and raising the torsions, possibly with the kit. Will I need new shocks?

Blaine

[ 11-24-2002: Message edited by: afp ]</p>

LA DMAX
11-25-2002, 22:38
afp, there is a kit that Hill Offroad sells that is a leveling kit and will raise the truck about 2.5" in front. Someone said this is the same as cranking the torsion bars, but I'm not sure. I don't know what it will do for your ride quality either. You can always go for a taller tire, 255/85 or 285/75, that would get your frame up a little higher than 265 would. Cheapest way is to crank the torsion bars and get an alignment. Hope it helps.
Later

LA DMAX

afp
11-28-2002, 20:08
Installed the Hill Offroad leveling kit yesterday. Left side took 9.5 turns, right 8 to get the frame level. The nose has come up 2". Aside from looking great and sitting almost level (it's still has about a 1/2" forward rake), it is awesome to get 2" of lift where this truck needs it the most. Tomorrow I get the alignment checked then go hunting in the PM.

Blaine