PDA

View Full Version : No deals at the Stealership!!!!!

Skinny Blinky
06-08-2003, 17:27
Trying to trade in my 01 CC shorty with 30k all decked out for a new 03 SLT ext. cab.
They want to give me 26k for mine and there price for the new won is 38.5k
Any advice on beating them up a little more??

K1XV
06-08-2003, 18:59
There are a lot of dealers in eastern Mass. Get a price on www.carsdirect.com (http://www.carsdirect.com) for bargaining leverage, and if no go, consider buying there. Its a buyers market.

I have no idea what a fair trade in value is on your 01. Usually, you do best selling privately. However, remember that the same market forces driving down new truck prices are also driving down used truck prices.

mguebert
06-09-2003, 16:37
Consider yourself lucky to get an offer of 26K, that is pretty close to what NADA retail is. I tried to trade my truck a couple of weeks ago and I got an offer of around 19K for my truck with 44K on the clock.

mackin
06-09-2003, 20:03
Problem is with the low or no interest rates the money has to be had in the sale and hold back ..... In addition used market is way down resulting in poor trade in value .

Very Old Dog
06-11-2003, 05:42
I would suggest that you determine real wholesale value of your automobile via kelly blue book or nada books online. Only add value for mechanical options that came from factory not what you did to the vehicle. Should you choose to sell it yourself, add 2k to the value you obtained and negotiate from there. If you decide to trade, then keep that base value in mind. Ask the dealership to sell you there vehicle at the dealer invoice price less the $3,000 rebate. The difference will be the wholesale value of your vehicle and that price.

When I bought mine at the end of April, the list on my vehicle was $41 plus. Dealer invoice less the 3k rebate brought the vehicle purchase down to $33k. My vehicle was worth $19k. The price out the door was 35k with state tax, registration and title. Dealer made his money on the holdback which he clearly showed me on the invoice to be $1200.00. He made money and he will make more on your trade. I thought that I had a resonable good deal. The vehicle is an LS model with good amenities i.e. power seat, allison, extendable mirrors, etc.

Good luck.

hoot
06-11-2003, 07:24
GM recently announced up to $4000 rebate. Does that include the trucks?

Plus if you use the GM card discount....

At this stage of the ecomomy and auto sales slumping, you should be able to go invoice then subtract all add'l discounts.

Skinny Blinky
06-11-2003, 14:50
What is ( Inovice)....When i was at the dealer last month, they printed out a dealer only sheet that shows there ( TRUE invoice price).This truck list for $45,125.00, the price the dealer pays is $ 39,594.00???, why did they say invoice is $41,500.00? They really don't play fare.

TXDMAX
06-11-2003, 15:25
Skinny you should have around 4 to 4500 mark-up in that truck. You should be able to buy it for invoice or $100 over minus the rebates. 26k seems like a great bid on your truck. I just had an 03 cc lt 4wd d/a 4k hail damage bring 27500 w/ custom wheels and tires and billet grill. Another brought 32,000 w/ no hail damage stock.

Hoot, the 4k rebate is only for your avalanche waiting for you at the dealership of your choice. ;) This is as of 6/10/03.

DalDMax
06-11-2003, 16:05
Speaking of that avalanche waiting and waiting and waiting at the dealer for Hoot ;) When we went to the dealer to look at buying our truck back in May, walked in, got jumped on by a salesman (using that term loosely) Told him I was looking for a 2500 HD Ext LB in White or Pewter. He looked on the lot, looked out back, then came back in, said that they didn't have any and said that I should consider an avalanche :confused:

Ok, how is an avalanche and a 2500HD anywhere near the same thing? We had to turn down that avalanche probably 5 or 6 times! Finally got to the Fleet Sales Manager who listened and got me what I was really wanting.

Moral of story: They are desperate to get rid of those things right now. Someone please go buy them :D

TXDMAX
06-11-2003, 17:03
DALDMAX, If you don't mind me asking, where did you buy your truck.

DalDMax
06-11-2003, 17:12
Vandergraff Chevy in South Arlington.
Waiting for them to get their Toyota dealership built...looking at the new minivan.

NewEnglandDmax
06-11-2003, 17:55
Skinny,
2 months ago I boght my 2002, leftover with 200 miles from Crest GMC in Woburn. It is a different name now. Sticker was 44, I paid 33. Good luck.

john