PDA

View Full Version : Stupid Panic Button

JEFSHP
04-30-2002, 22:22
Went camping in a high mountain lake this last weekend. Nice & quiet, the few other campers couldn't be heard. Not us. My wife & I both set off the stupid panic button by just reaching into a pocket or just bending over.

Is there a way to disconnect this dumb, stupid, idiot button?

John

stevem
04-30-2002, 22:58
JEFSHP.

Very easy to disable that panic feature.
Pop open the remote.
Peel back the rubber pad.
You will see the area on the circuit board where the button makes contact.
Cover this area with a small piece of electric tape.
Re-assemble.
Done.

Works like a charm.

Steve.

www.picturetrail.com/stevem

JEFSHP
05-01-2002, 08:33
Thankyou Steve

John

jeb
05-01-2002, 12:37
Yep, thanks much. Mine is getting shut off tonight!

Ironhead
05-01-2002, 14:49
Mine Tooo!!! :D I hate that stupid button :mad: It goes off from accidental bumps in my pocket from over 100 yards and through walls, try to turn it off from same location but Noooo, I have to walk outside and get real close and aim it just right. Stupid button

bearman
05-01-2002, 21:24
Mine too, highly anoying little button.
Cheers
Bear

Jimamatic
05-01-2002, 23:49
Get this.. My wife took the kids out of town for
a couple days R-n-R. Myself, being the domesticated hard working Dad that I am decided
to take a free day and go for a long needed drive up in the hills. So I grabbed my pistol, My
faithful and loving Golden Retriever, Some pop
(maybe a beer or two) and munchies and off I went. Had a great relaxing day. Now the good part. On my way out, I was on a main road near the Swift Reservoir in SW Washington when out of the corner of my eye I spotted a herd of elk. So I quietly pulled off the road, got out of my truck binocs in hand and snuck over to get a peek. As I approached the edge I was sort of crouching down as to not spook the elk. Just then I here a HONK HONK HONK HONK HONK etc..... I came unglued. I could'nt believe my ears. Fianally got the da** thing turned off. Funny thing is the elk did'nt spook. They were looking my way though to see what all racket was. Moral of the story, not gona happen during elk season. Glad I found out now....

AlaskaDmax
05-02-2002, 00:04
Exactly!

I did the electrical tape thing at work today...works like a charm. :D

battmain
05-02-2002, 10:45
I disabled mine a few weeks ago after accidentally setting it off at 1230am. Anybody figure out what the other hidden contact pad is used for? Wonder if that could be used for something like remote backup lights.

Brian

DmaxMaverick
05-02-2002, 15:29
battmain

The 4th contact is for the trunk release on cars. The internals of the remote are the same for all vehicles, only the face cover is different with one less button. The transmitter would probably send a signal, but I doubt that the truck would have anything on the other end to respond to it. Would be interesting to find out, though. The faces and buttons, IIRC, can be ordered seperately.