PDA

View Full Version : 2005 Chevrolet pickup truck

3176CATPOWER
11-25-2002, 18:41
Just got new issue of Trailer Life magazine with article and picture of 2005 Bow Tie.Major restyle to say the least.Wonder if they are really serious.Every time I look at my 2002 GMC I just smile!

MaxRock
11-26-2002, 10:45
I saw the same picture. I feel the same way...my '02 is getting better and better looking each model year! tongue.gif

MaxRock

ryeguy
11-26-2002, 11:26
So I'm not the only one! smile.gif

--Rob

ChevysRus
11-26-2002, 11:43
Was it really an '05??? or an '04???

I had heard the '04 was being changed back towards the '02 look and the '03 would be a one year wonder. I was hoping this is true because I was looking to trade my '01 maybe for an '04 with more HP and other improvements scheduled for '04. If you are looking at a change for '05 then maybe the '04 is not going to change at all until'05.
Bummer if true!!

conradv
11-26-2002, 11:57
Does anyone have a picture scanned of this truck?

stutzismydog
11-27-2002, 00:17
WOW!!! Do you think that my 03 will be a rare one year style run ??? and at the 5 or 6 year trade in time it will worth more than what I paid for it?? :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

hawkeye43
11-27-2002, 02:17
the best thing they could have done was stayed with the 02 look, why ruin a good thing????????

DieselDennis
11-27-2002, 09:22
is GM going with a 2 year swap out with the body stylings now? And how long did the previous body style last? 10 years or something and now they're going with a 2 year swap out? :confused:

But after seeing an '03 in person I can't say it's a bad thing :eek: :D

56Nomad
11-27-2002, 10:53
conradv wrote:
Does anyone have a picture scanned of this truck?

To the top again..... could someone scan the photo
and put it at Picture Trails? Thanks

Ade
11-28-2002, 06:48
Here is a scanned picture of the 2005.

http://www.picturetrail.com/ade3

Ade 2003 D/A CC 3500 LT

hoot
11-28-2002, 08:13
I doubt very much it will look anything like that. That artists rendition is terrible.

56Nomad
11-28-2002, 11:49
Ade,

Thanks for doing that! This 2005 Chevy
somewhat reminds me of my Kohler bath tub.
What's wrong with the "macho" look.

The gentle, smooth lines are going to
make these Chevys into "girly trucks" :D :D

ChevysRus
11-28-2002, 13:59
Well, I think I will just go get an extended warranty and keep my '01. Probably have to get a Juice and other goodies too. Can't dig the '03, looks like the '04 will be the same and the '05 looks like the Cadilac CTS a little.

By the way the current (less than'03) body style started in 1999 so it lasted 4 years then went to the '03 style. I don't mean to knock the '03, it does kind of grow on you the more of them you see, but I just like the older style better. But if I did not have the older style and was looking to buy then the '03 would be fine.

I lke old stuff anyway, I have a'39 Chevy streetrod and a '66 Chevelle and a wife who's ....well we won't go there if I expect to eat today LOL ha ha ha

Mark Bajus
11-28-2002, 14:43
its starting to look like a Pacer with a pickup bed attached...

hdmax(mike)
11-28-2002, 15:14
Sorry but that picture of the SO CALLED 05 looks like a drunk drugy was trying to use photo shop for the first time.

There is no way GM is that stupid, IS THERE? :eek:

Pat T
11-28-2002, 16:07
You know, I can't help but think that there is a pent-up market out there for a truck built with a classic body style but with the mechanicals we have come to know and love lately. I personally would trade my 97 K2500 right now for a new Chevy with the 1986 body style and IFS. I can't be the only one thinking this, but who knows. All I know is they aren't reeling me into the showroom with this shlock.

ryeguy
11-28-2002, 16:39
Re: older style trucks.

Love the '70's. More-so then the '81-87 era. Disliked the '88 era through its span. Like the '01 and '02 Chevies (and GM's, I have a GM). Still think the '67-72 are some of the best looking trucks from GM of all time.

More than looks, there's some other features I'd wish would have been carried over. Like the NP205 T-case. And the steel dash that isn't going to crack after a few years in the sun. And the simplicity of the design where I can fix it myself rather than needing to go to the dealer to find out what code has come up. I'm also concerned about the longevity of all the electronics that have been used in place of simple mechanics, like throttle, linkage to the auto trans, etc. And heavier sheet metal and thicker paint. And such.

That said, I won't trade my '02 for a '82! At least right now!

--Rob

[ 11-28-2002: Message edited by: ryeguy ]</p>

conradv
11-28-2002, 20:02
Oh my. That is not good.

Laffman
11-29-2002, 12:30
Looks like I'll be keeping my two Silverdos. I just got my '95 Dually, my first diesel, about 6 weeks ago. Was looking to get a new '03 C3500 Duramax, but found what I needed in the '95, was $20,000 less and didn't have that stupid Avalanche front end. When I was looking at the '03 at the dealership, I asked the dealer why GM put the Avalanche front end on the Silverado. He said GM found out that a large enough number of '99+ Silverado owners were ordering Avalanche front end body parts and changing their Silverado front ends that GM decided to make the change on all the full size trucks. I think it looks stupid. I'm happy with my two.

Lawnboy
11-29-2002, 14:52
Pat T wrote....."I personally would trade my 97 K2500 right now for a new Chevy with the 1986 body style and IFS. I can't be the only one thinking this, but who knows."

Pat, I think you may just be the ONLY one! :rolleyes:

I'd like to see it the OTHER way AROUND! Take an '02 and put the solid front axle up front! After all, these are ONE TON SRW trucks were talking about here! If you want IFS, it should be an option.

As for that pic of the '05....I certainly HOPE thats not whats coming!!! I'm all for change, but... :mad:

I'd rather see GM spend a little more time making these trucks a little beefier! I hear complaints of tierodends, noisy 4x4, 5th gear slippage, thin sheetmetal...all these things are FIXABLE! Take the budget $$$ from the '05 concept and put that into fixing all these little things on the '04's FIRST! Then proceed from there.

All right, got my weekly rant out!!! Now I feel better!!!

cat320
11-29-2002, 15:39
if that's they way the 2005's are gonna look i might never be buying another gm product.

Paintdude
11-29-2002, 16:08
That is truly, BUTT ugly....yuck...

My 02 is a keeper....Black of course.. :D

Pat T
11-30-2002, 07:54
Lawnboy wrote: "I'd like to see it the OTHER way AROUND! Take an '02 and put the solid front axle up front! After all, these are ONE TON SRW trucks were talking about here! If you want IFS, it should be an option."

I'll give ya that one, Tom. Seems to me like the big 3 are in a mad race to build the ugliest truck in the universe, and the '05 Chevy just put GM in a big lead! I could live with the 02 styling, but it honestly doesn't put the desire for ownership in me like the early to mid 80's body style did. But opinions are like sphincters, everybody has one and they all accomplish about the same thing. I just hope the General will get back to designing trucks that we buy because we LIKE them, not because we are less repulsed by it than the Dodge or Fords.

;)

NWDmax
11-30-2002, 09:23
Love my 01 and with the edge box and all the other goodies and see know reason to change.
Especially if that stupid looking picture is any indicator of things to come.

I think Hoot is prolly right about the nature and accuracy of the picture.

RE redface.gif ld trucks,My favorite body style before my Dmax was 67-72 chevs,Long box.Had a 68 back in 78(my first rig)and learned a lot off that old truck
Blake

smile.gif

GMCTRUCK
11-30-2002, 15:13
If GM ever puts a straight axle back in the front I'll be first in line to trade in my 03. I have a used 91 beater GMC but, from 88 till now I only bought F350s or Dodges brand new because I hated and still hate the IFS. IFS belongs in cars not HD trucks. GM could at least reshape the frame so the !*%# frame rails weren't so low in the middle. As far as I'm concerened GM never stopped building the El Camino. I'm a GM guy but if I hadn't had GM Card points to use up and if the Ford Superduper had an interior half as nice as my 03 GMC I would be driving the blue oval.

hdmax(mike)
12-01-2002, 06:11
That is a pi$$ poor photo shop job.

Why would GM spend all that money to redesign the truck while using the same wheels and mirrors? Every cocept vehicle I have seen, Come with new wheels.

DieselDennis
12-02-2002, 10:36
Well I sure as heck hope that thing don't come into reality. But it wouldn't suprise me if it did. After GM came up with the Aztec and the Avalanche the '03 front end didn't suprise me one bit. And that '05 drawing has current Cadillac contour lines all down it. Just somethin else for GM to charge you for.

And I don't believe anyone would be dumb enough to take a perfectly good '02 Silverado and put some Avalanche sheet metal on it. :eek: Sure do see a few of them Avalanches around here though, guess other people can't see that they're a mutated deformatoin on wheels like I can :D