PDA

View Full Version : Looks like BD has a 500hp Allison offering...

hoot
06-09-2003, 11:18
guarantee it will hold 500 Fly Wheel Hp under heavy loaded conditions.

$4495
web page (http://www.bd-vfi.com/gmc/gmc_1000.html)

Looks like the place to go when our tranny takes a dump!

[ 06-09-2003, 11:23 AM: Message edited by: hoot ]

heartbeatcanada
06-09-2003, 12:11
I imagine we will be hearing from King D this week. Don't see him postin too much lately, too busy installing the BD tranny hopefully. I talked to BD a couple weeks ago and seems they have there sh!t together. I was going to order one, but am all of a sudden lookin at building a house for myself this fall and need the extra $$$$$$$ for the house. Oh well always next year!!! tongue.gif

mtomac
06-09-2003, 12:26
500 flywheel hp isn't alot. A Hot Juice must be around 450 flywheel hp.

tpitt
06-09-2003, 14:31
Hoot,
When I was up there at BD dealer days this year, we went through their transmission shop. I believe they do have it together on the Allison. I also am considering one for my Duramax. I still haven't ruled out ATS yet. I'm also one of their dealers.
I'm in no real hurry. I just don't drag race in level 4 anymore. tpitt

Burner
06-09-2003, 15:06
What really kills the Allison trans TQ, HP or the mixture of both? I've seen eitty bitty transmissions hold oottooles of HP but not TQ. How much TQ will the BD hold or hold with HP behind it? What exactly does BD do to the Allison?

What about SunCoast? Has anyone seen "any" automatics from them? :rolleyes:

Burner-----> :D

mackin
06-09-2003, 20:13
Rumor has it BD is at 475 now and holding ..... They were to be over 500 HP out back last I heard .... Heard they were working on something electrical also ..... http://forums.thedieselstop.com/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/shrug.gif

All improvments are internal ,new TC ,no valvebody alterations .....Dito with Suncoast ..... As I was told .... I know one waiting on BD to arrive ,one doing it ,if not done already by Suncoast .... In do time we all will know ....

Mac :D :D

king D
06-09-2003, 20:48
bd shipped the tranny from the left coast last tuesday so i hope to recieve any day and install this week.ther is one who has installed the suncoast and seems satisfied still toying i guess i am sure we will here about it soon enough

imported_
06-10-2003, 21:43
did you notice the fact that the torque convertor is listed separately?..... i guess you need to reuse your stock one or pony up more dough
the torque convertor on their site lists for 1028.00
so does it come with their new convertor or does it not?

king D
06-11-2003, 19:22
no torque con is included in the above price

king D
06-16-2003, 18:19
got it bolted in this afternoon will finish tommorrow and then need a few miles to learn the shifts and then ill flog it to see what happens

sdaver
06-16-2003, 19:33
and we know you will :D :D dave.......and by the way the suncoast includes a triplelock torque convertor...........1200 miles and still going :D I heard today from a guy who brake dynoed a reworked motor and then chassis dynoed immediately after reinstalling the the losses thru the tranny and rearend were 18%.......... .18x500=90 500-90=410
300x.18=54 300-54=246 those numbers sound familar?.....shurely those are conservative numbers from bd

[ 06-16-2003, 07:47 PM: Message edited by: sdaver ]

king D
06-17-2003, 04:43
they are conservative but then again joe at uncoast told me they didnt really know about the hp warranty on thiers either.after talking with both bd and suncoast i feel they are more concerned with breaking in and out put shafts then slipping the tranny ,i could be wrong just my interpretation...jess.....hey dave i got a little differnt worked version of the thing you and italked about yesterday on the way....il let you know.... :cool:

Kennedy
06-17-2003, 12:51
Denver to Loyal in 14hrs and no slippage. Still a little "unruly" when shifting into R and 5, but after seeing the warped steels, and burnt C1,2, and 3 clutches. :eek:

Time will tell if it ever gets manners. Still waiting for a valve for later this week...

king D
06-17-2003, 18:05
jk do i assume wrong that you are talking about the ats or did you gety a bd tranny, if still ats how is the progress coming

Kennedy
06-17-2003, 18:43
I still have the ATS in mine. I stopped in Denver on the way home and had the clutches done. They were totally baked. I am still waiting on a valve which should give it back some manners.

Currently, I apply VERY hard into R and 5. This should be cured with the valve.

My 5th gear "charge" is back! Not sure if this will be the end all setup for everybody, or more of a race setup. Time will tell...

king D
06-18-2003, 13:25
the BD is installed has been for a dayor so give me a little more seat time and i will post on my impressions.....jess

Kennedy
06-26-2003, 11:27
Originally posted by kennedy:
I still have the ATS in mine. I stopped in Denver on the way home and had the clutches done. They were totally baked. I am still waiting on a valve which should give it back some manners.

Currently, I apply VERY hard into R and 5. This should be cured with the valve.

My 5th gear "charge" is back! Not sure if this will be the end all setup for everybody, or more of a race setup. Time will tell... My 4-5 apply is now back to normal. I AM however afeered that I smoked the C4 and 5 clutches. Looking like I'll have ATS do up a fresh transmission so that I can have a true representation of how their product works before I have a chance to hurt it in a semi-modified state...