PDA

View Full Version : I need a new Dmax

Swayse
11-25-2002, 16:48
I'm tired of my single cab, I need more room. I want to trade her in on a extended cab 4x4 with a few more options. Mine is an SL, I'd like an SLE GMC or a LS Chevy. Where in TX, NM, or OK could I get the best no hassle deal? If you can't post it here, email me. Thanks

Swayse@nwol.net

Sorry if it's off topic, I had no idea where to put it.

hdmax(mike)
11-25-2002, 17:52
I can not help you out on where to get the best deal. But why stop at an extended cab? Once you have that, you will need more room.

I know what you mean about the regular cab being to small.

Awhile back there was a few post about a dealer here in Ohio. Buckles GMC(I think was the name) they are located around Springfield,Ohio and they do $49 over invoice without the dickeren. There is a web site for them, but I don`t know it.

afp
11-25-2002, 17:58
Forrest Chevy in Cleburne, TX (Near Ft Worth) (800-826-6604). Talk to Chris Houston. Please remind him he still owes me $50 for the last guy I recommended to him who bought a DMax.

Blaine

GMC-2002-Dmax
11-25-2002, 18:10
SOME FRIENDLY ADVISE,

BUY A CREW CAB, THE DIFFERENCE IN PRICE IS MINIMAL BUT THE EXTRA ROOM IS PRICELESS!!!

GMC :D

FirstDiesel
11-25-2002, 18:14
I agree, get the CC. I looked into an EC and walked away. Bought the CC as soon as we saw it.

Swayse
11-25-2002, 18:57
I'll look into a crew cab. I've never liked the way the extended cab doors close, someone always forgets to close the quad door before slamming the real door. Or they try to close at the same time. I'm just afraid that the crew will be too big, I'll go drive one.

battmain
11-25-2002, 19:04
Unless you're thinking Extended Cab Short Bed, the long bed Extended Cab is still a big beast. You should see how far it sticks out in the puny parking lots we got around here. I've gotten used to parking in the boonies and walking the distance now. It takes three lanes to make a U-turn, or less at the price of some spinning tires. ;)

CanadaKev
11-25-2002, 19:17
Swayse,

A CC SB is shorter than a EC LB.

Go drive a CC LB, the longer the wheelbase the better the ride.

But if you want a real truck...........3500!!!!

Dar ain't nuttin' like a DOOLEY :D ;) :D

Kev

TBC
11-25-2002, 19:49
Classic Chev in Grapevine. I have bought 3 vehicles there and have always been treated right. The salesman handles the deal. None of this running back and forth to the mgr unless it really gets down on the margin and I have never had that happen until final approval and I got what I wanted. Durant Chev in Granbury is owned by the same folks.

I have an EC short bed but I had kids to ride I would want a CC. My wife is small and she has riden in the back seat without problem for a long distance. It is a surprisingly comfortable seat.

Tom

Swayse
11-26-2002, 07:53
Thanks guys. I got transfered to Drivetrain, I would've never thought to post it here. A crew cab is about 10" longer and about $2,000 more than a extended cab. To tell the truth I'm leaning toward a new Dodge. The Dodge quad cab has four real doors but, it's only as big as an extended cab, very big plus for me. The Dodge quad cab has a wheel base that is 3 inches shorter than a Chevy extended cab, another plus. I like the looks of the new Dodge, and I like the idea of getting another stick(I would never buy a Dodge auto)just here is the kicker, not enough power and no good chips out yet. My wheels won't fit(16x8 with 285 BFG), exhaust won't fit, tool box won't fit, and what would I do with the HOT Juice. I guess I could sell everything, but that's kinda a hassle.

SoCalDMAX
11-26-2002, 09:42
DODGE??!! Are you nuts??? J/K. ;)

I don't have any kids, (not even a wife, anymore) but I wouldn't go for anything smaller than a CC. I park in some tight parking lots and it's not that difficult. D-N-Tyke has a CC LB lifted 6" and that thing just looks too good to be believed! Of course, it won't fit in the garage...

Regards, Steve

millietom
11-26-2002, 10:01
If you are going to have a truck that is too long anyway, get a crew cab only 10" longer than an extended cab.

Rebel_Horseman
11-26-2002, 11:05
A CC is defeinately a nice truck and some could argue that it's a luxury. I personally love my EC. There is plenty of rrom in the back for people to ride in, just as long as you aren't going acroos the country. I'm very satisfied. If I had kids or something then I'd probably go for the CC, but seeing as it's mostly just me and my girlfriend and occassionally her folks going to a rodeo, the EC is fine.

Reb [><]

chuntag95
11-26-2002, 11:37
If you have kids, go krew. I had to or cut off my oldest's feet that were always in my back. It was a pain to get them buckled into the seats and when the carseats had to be turned around, they would only fit in the center. With the krew kab, there is even room in the middle for the dog. :rolleyes: tongue.gif :D

stretch
11-26-2002, 16:53
I have to agree with the others, go with the crew cab. I have the extended cab and its nice BUT I should have bought the crew. Resale value of the crew cab will probably offset most of the initial costs.

Swayse
11-26-2002, 18:42
I'm gonna drive my truck for at least another year. It's hard to trade in a truck with only 11,000 miles on it. Most dealers around here don't even come close to Blue Book trade in value for my truck, like $5,000 under BB trade in value. They tell me they have no use for a single cab truck.

pitboss
11-26-2002, 19:38
My best buddy is GSM at the #1 GM dealer in western Canada (where?). Anyway they move LOTS of trucks and he basically tore me out of my 02 ext cab and stuffed me into a crew cab - he says there's at least a $5k difference in resale (read $3kUS). They're not stocking a single ext cab - all crews - unless someone buys one first. Passing the other GM lots I see the same thing. And ya gotta love the extra room!

Swayse
11-26-2002, 21:17
I'm gonna put a stock locker in the back G80, traction bars, beef up the trany, injectors. Then gonna have some fun, in a year I'll put a for sale sign on it and sell it to some poor SOB, that can't believe how a diesel can fly. :D I should hit high 12s right?

Heavy Duty Neil
11-27-2002, 13:37
Well, if you change your mind about trading the truck, give Lawrence Hall Chevy in Anson (TX) a call, 1-800-822-3261. Or if you want to drive a little farther, Bayer Motors in Comanche, 1-800-843-5230 www.bayermotor.com

I've bought my past two trucks from them and got them at invoice. Bought my 1500HD from Bayer almost completely by email...two emails and it was a done deal. :cool:

And if you decide to bomb your Dmax into the 12's, I want a ride!!! :eek: :D :eek:

Swayse
11-28-2002, 18:12
Thanks. Not to sure what I'm gonna do yet. Wife's getting really sick of me changing my mind every 5 seconds.

If I go all the way, I'm not gonna do the 4x4 launch anymore, put some slicks on it and do it right.