PDA

View Full Version : Is My NSBU going, Or something else

thechevyhdman
06-11-2003, 00:46
Ok My truck has been having these period brain farts where it just seems like a electrical problem or a computer glitch all of the sudden, and as soon as it happened its gone.
The first time I noticed it I was making a sharp right turn and almost came to a stop but didnt. The truck felt like it was in neutral and a few dash lights(that I only see on start up) came on= ABS, seatbelt light, and the E brake light.
Then today It happened again. I came to a stop sign and rolled through it slowly and got back on the gas same thing, except now my odometer disappeared for a second too.Its like a problem that only occurs when truck is in 1 or 2 gear?
I had a problem just like this before that ended up being loose battery bolts, thats not the case this time. Im thinking that now my odometer disappeared it sounds like an NSBU problem, BUT I replaced the NSBU almost a year ago with the beige colored one. The truck seemed a bit doggy after both occurences but returned to normal within a few minutes.
This Friday I am picking up a "heart monitor" from a service manager friend that records all problems/hiccups that the truck encounters. I guess it just plugs into the ALDL? When we checked my truck for any codes 3 weeks ago, I had a soft code stored for MAF sensor failure, 328 miles before the TII was plugged in and it passed fine since that last problem(328 miles ago) I was told that any soft codes to do with performance etc will affect the truck even though it is a soft code with no SES light. Anyone have any ideas. My truck has just under 30,000 miles on it and is maintained fine except for the fact it hasnt been cleaned in a month :D . Kinda getting ticked My truck seems prone to these rare "glitches/hiccups" whether it being Juice issues or problems like this.
TIA Bill

Silver Bullet
06-11-2003, 07:28
HDMan,
Have you added anything to your fuse block in the passenger compartment (by the driver's door)?

Hound
06-11-2003, 07:42
Since the ABS, seatbelt and E brake light came on, it doesn't sound like an NSBU problem to me. That usually only effects the PRND321 display, along with tranny operational in R and 3 I believe.

Silver Bullet
06-11-2003, 10:12
I agree with Hound...I originally thought NBSU for my problem, but that was not it.

Here is my post from 6600 forum... HELP! battery in message center, haywire gauges, and limp mode!!! (http://forum.thedieselpage.com/ubb/ultimatebb.php?ubb=get_topic;f=3;t=005992)

Silver Bullet
06-16-2003, 18:14
Hey HDMan - What is going with this problem?

thechevyhdman
06-16-2003, 18:23
Well, I too have "add-a-taps". And after I read I tried jiggling fuses, wires,etc, and no problems. I dont really know what it is, but its like my truck wants to stall and then just returns to normal. Its only done it three times since it started, Im starting to think it might be a fuel issue, or a tranny issue. All three times it has happened I have been slowing down, or just starting to get going....just like rolling through a stop sign. Im going to change my fuel filter tommorrow, and I am going to do a Transyd swap( if I can squeeze in a meet-up with Macking and Red-GMC) I dunno my trucks got some funny issues. Cant wait to see( or not :D ) How she does on the Dyno. Bill. Silver, what exact fuse did the problem come from. Lack of power to the instrument cluster shouldnt cause this problem as you can drive the truck without and instrument cluster no prob.....I dunno maybe when I hook up the TII I might find something new besides a MAF sensor code(soft code no ses,etc). I dunno. Bill

Silver Bullet
06-17-2003, 11:11
I found the old thread..finally!!! Fuse Thread (http://forum.thedieselpage.com/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=5;t=000342)

Check out Page 36 in the doc or page 38 in Acrobat (http://www.bussmann.com/library/docs/BUSS_Auto-Fuse.pdf) (Right click the link and "save target as..." and view from your computer, otherwise it is very slow)

BP/HHA - GOOD!!! :D
BP/ATC-TAP - BAD!!! :mad: (This what got me in trouble)

My problem has not reoccurred since my fuse block has been replaced.