PDA

View Full Version : Wrecked my truck. Need input

ratlover
06-11-2003, 07:36
Well I wrecked my truck. Only other claim I have ever had was opening a door into some ladys in a parking lot and I go and smash my first brand new truck before I have even had it a month. I rear ended some guy because some yahoo decided to stop in the middle of the road instead of using a turn lane :mad: If I was paying attention it probably wouldnt have happened but so it goes.

Air bag didnt go off and no tickets were issued and every one was ok :cool: .

Now my problem. I have been searching the net and here for pics of trucks but cant really seem to find what I am looking for. I figure if I am getting stuff replaced I may want to go aftermarket.

I was definatly thinking a billet grill. I cant seem to find pics of an 03 chevy with a full replacement grill. Any advice on brands or places to look?

I was also thinking of a cowl or possibly ram air hood. I would prefer cowl I think but havent seen pics of an 03. Goodmark(I have always liked thier stuff) has a cowl but it is still "in tooling" and they havent gotten back to me with when they will be out.

Bumper is wasted but I will probably go factory since I want to keep as much weight off the nose as possible since i will be throwing a plow up front.

Atleast I can assume that if goodmark is just starting to produce stuff for the 03's that all the china stuff isnt out yet and the ins co aint even going to try to give me slack about using GM and there probably aint too many used parts for 03's.

Any pics or places to start or general ideas would be appreciated, I'm kinda lost on who is good for aftermarket grills/hoods and the like. Maybe the "sport truck" croud would have a better idea on this stuff? Any good sites for them? Some of the sites that they seem to congregate at seem to have alot of BS that I have been fourtunate to avoid here.

TIA smile.gif

EDIT: This probably isnt the right forum....

[ 06-11-2003, 09:38 AM: Message edited by: ratlover ]

Burner
06-11-2003, 14:47
I think you may want to look at Road Arommor for the bumper. ;)

Burner-------> :D

ratlover
06-11-2003, 14:55
If only it were winter.......an 8'6" Fisher V would have saved a bit of sheetmetal. Maybe I should run with it 365? It couldnt hurt gas milage that bad could it???

Turbo Al
06-12-2003, 10:56
Ratlover I switch you over to the 2500HD/3500 Accesssories forum. Sorry to hear about the truck getting bent.