PDA

View Full Version : Bench Seat problem

AndrewF
05-02-2002, 13:36
Anyone have any thoughts on how to solve the problem of protruding seat belt sockets on the front 40-30-40 bench seat ?? Makes lying down awefully uncomfortable ! In my landcruiser these sockets swivel back and forward , so you can get them out of the way. In the Max they seem to be fixed solid. I thought about loosening the anchor bolt to see if they would then swivel ,but this may compromise the effectiveness of the belt under emergency situations. Any good ideas out there ? as I am sure I am not the only one who has experienced this.

01_Duramax_Dually
05-02-2002, 14:15
Andrew,
Well here is an easy solution...Hop in the back and lie down there and avoid the front.... :D :D However you did not state what model you have so it may be a standard cab....In which case hop in the Bed.... :D .. :D

Just kidding. I have seen the same thing, However when I have slept in the front I just brought a little towel that was rolled up and it forces them down, There must be a way to bungee or tie them down. Just have not spent the time to look.

AndrewF
05-02-2002, 14:24
Thanks Jeff. I have the Crew Cab short-bed. My family hog the back seat and the dogs are usually in the open on the back , so I am relegated to the front seat !! :( It would make life a lot easier if these sockets would swivel down or back out of the way. Anyone else have a brain wave or already solved this problem ??

mackin
05-02-2002, 15:29
YUP,

1-800-MARRIOTT.................Just kidding, coudn't resist.....Sorry :D :D
MAC smile.gif

AndrewF
05-02-2002, 15:51
Hey Mackin,
Marriotts are way to comfortable for me ! Remember when you were in love , you kinda wanted to be with Matilda as much as you could ...... well that's me and the front seat of my sweetheart "Max-ouch-aaah" . Name emerged after I hit my cocksix while nestling down on the front seat after a 16 hour drive. redface.gif
Now , if there is anyone on this site who can come up with a solution it is you , so let's have it. Problem is you probably don't have a bench seat , right ! ;)

NutNbutGMC
05-02-2002, 15:55
^....AndyF,I want to know how you see to drive, lying down on the 110% seat????

AndrewF
05-02-2002, 16:13
We Canadians can't give away all our secrets !!
:D :D :D

mackin
05-02-2002, 17:30
AndrewF,

No, I do not have a bench..But I probably have the same receptacle .? Stiff and on the side of the seat attached to the seat frame.....My only suggestion is to stuff them two/three / four, female receptacle between that 40 30 40 split...They are rigid but,movable.....Back it up with a towel, jacket or what ever is handy.....Back it up good, because if your just the right height, and you sleep with your head on the passenger side...they may just pop up and catch you in your immediate family....... Make any sense? ......What else can you do..If you cover them with say, a piece off thin foam rubber coiled and taped together, to form a "SOCK",there still there......... .......Soon MATILDA will have to sleep alone.......Just keep peeking out the window at her.........
MAC :D :D

[ 05-02-2002: Message edited by: mackin ]

[ 05-02-2002: Message edited by: mackin ]</p>

01_Duramax_Dually
05-02-2002, 21:59
OK OK...Hahahahahahaha..This is funny, so Andrew has a 40-30-40 front bench seat option.... :D . So that must almost hit the doors then being 10% larger then my 40-20-40 set up... :D

I did not see the 110% option...

Just having some fun with ya Andrew. I have the bench(albeit mine is only 100%) and I was serious about placing the towel there. I have done it and what is nice it gives you that feeling like you are in a real bed....

You know, I finally stopped sleeping in mine as well,I knew it was time for the truck to be alone and would not wake up having nightmares...But out of my own insecurities I have a baby monitor on the front seat and listen all night, Just in case... :D :D :D

AndrewF
05-03-2002, 08:24
I love it !! Thanks Jeff.
Cheers , Andrew. :D ;)

imported_
05-03-2002, 10:11
AndreF

off topic, but what kinda TLC do ya have? :D

AndrewF
05-03-2002, 12:31
1987 HJ60 6cyl diesel Landcruiser Wagon 325,000KM and using no oil between services. Best vehicle I have ever owned ! :D :D :D