PDA

View Full Version : Lumbar supports.

TO-D-MAX
05-02-2002, 20:43
I just found out today that I have the rare, mind of their own, self inflating lumbar supports on my truck. I have suspected problems for a couple of weeks now (actually, I blamed my wife) but it was confirmed today. Got into the truck and the lumbars were inflated to the max.???? Deflated them, and drove the truck around the block to hook up to my trailer. Left the truck running as I was hooking up...maybe 4-5 minutes....when I got back in, they were fully inflated again.?????

Anyone else have this problem???

Only 2000 miles on it by the way.

bearman
05-02-2002, 22:02
I got the same problem, about once a week it happens. Any thoughts.
Cheers
Bear

AlaskaDmax
05-02-2002, 23:04
Hey guys,

I noticed my seats were changing all the time too.

I figured it out though.

I would open the door, lean in, start the truck, close the door. ( winter start up routine...)

When I would get back in the seat was whacked out. So I looked at the way I lean in and sure as hell...I was leaning into the seat controls.

Maybe you are doing the same somehow when you are getting in?

Just a thought...

Russ

mdrag
05-02-2002, 23:44
AlaskaDmax,

I've done the same a few times - and if the engine is idling, you'll likely not even notice until you get in.

TO-D-MAX
05-03-2002, 11:33
Alaskamax.....

Thanks for the thought, but I know 100% (this time) the controls were not bumped, touched, etc. I got out and the seats were fine...when I got back in, the were fully inflated. Being 6'4" I can lean in and get in the truck easily without hitting anything. I am having too much fun with the truck ...I don't want to take it in for repair. I will miss it too much smile.gif smile.gif

I will keep an eye on this thread..maybe someone has the same problem repaired already..

Thanks to all!!

AlaskaDmax
05-03-2002, 12:26
I feel short all of a sudden.

SledZep
05-03-2002, 14:32
I had this problem over the winter but have not noticed it lately. It may have been the "lean in" in my case.

DURASAM
05-03-2002, 20:34
Do you have something in the door pocket that could be hitting the seat control when the door is shut?

TO-D-MAX
05-03-2002, 21:22
No, I haven't had it long enough to accumulate stuff like that smile.gif smile.gif smile.gif .

In fact the door was open when it happened this time :confused: :confused:

I'll probably take it into the dealer next week. Will let you know what happens.

You guys have some good ideas though......sounds like the voice of experiance :D :D