PDA

View Full Version : Coke in window switch

Chevy2DMAX
02-26-2005, 08:26
Got some pop/soda in my window switches. So, they are kind of sticky. Any easy way to clean it out? Spray something in there?

Or--how do I get to them? Take the door panel off? How?

TSimpler
02-26-2005, 12:36
As long as the coke is already there just spill a little Jack in there and let the door have a good time.

Trent :D

MIKE MOG
02-26-2005, 14:27
10-4 ON THE COKE AND JACK!!!

MIKE MOG
02-26-2005, 14:32
WHERE ARE THE HUSKERE LOCATED AT?
MIKE

NutNbutGMC
02-27-2005, 16:40
Chevy, you can remove the door panel very easily, if you so choose. IMHO, I'd spray a shot of WD-40 and keep on dieseling... :cool:

Chevy2DMAX
02-28-2005, 01:42
How do I very easily remove the panel?

Diesel Crat
02-28-2005, 04:59
You shouldn't have to remove the entire door panel. The part of the arm rest holding the switches should pop out of the door panel with a little coaxing. Push up on the exposed side of the switch panel. FYI, not sure how the panel is mounted if you have an 04 or newer.

All others are just held in by spring metal clips.

Once out, you can disconnect the wiring harness and clean the switches.

Just a side note. Those harnesses can come loose and cause everything on the door to lose power. Mirrors, Windows, Locks, etc. Fixed this exact problem on my brothers 01.

Rots a Ruck.

Heartbeat Hauler
02-28-2005, 06:42
Another alternative is to go to your local electronic supply store or Radio Shack and buy a can of Tuner Degreaser. It is a spray to clean electronic components and leaves no residue. It is an alcohol base (I think) so it removes the goo and then just disappears, and you probably wouldn't have to remove the door panel...just spray right on the switch. I worked in the IT dept for a few hospitals and you wouldn't believe all the "stuff" that gets in keyboard switches. But, ya just spray'em down with Tuner Degreaser and bye bye bad stuff. It is also fun to play with, i.e. Wife or Girlfriend given you a hard time a quick blast of this stuff in the right location and you are the victor(no eye shots)....this stuff is extremely cold and leaves no residue.... :D
JP

Chevy2DMAX
03-08-2005, 15:48
I was thinking of using silicone spray. But went to Radio Shack and spent the 11 bucks. Got some stuff that worked very well. Thanks.