PDA

View Full Version : In cab auxilary wiring

TSimpler
11-28-2002, 13:07
I have a 2002 DMAX with the in cab Auxiliary wiring. I tried to wire some stuff to it but no power. When I read the directions it told me to install a fuse under the fuse box cover, but there was already a fuse in the spot??? Anyone have any idea??? Oh yea, when I asked the dealership they were lost and insisted that it was for brake

Maverick
11-28-2002, 15:13
Are you speaking of the Aux switch that is included in the snow plow prep package? Didn't think you could get that on a crew cab. Anyway....pull the drivers door weather strip down and take a peek under the head liner. There will be wires there....2 @ black (-) and brown (+). Use them to power what ever you want. I drilled a hole in my cargo light and ran my wires out back for my strobe.

TSimpler
11-28-2002, 16:03
No, it is not for the snowplow. It is a group of 7 wires (HOT) and 2 grounds under the righthand glovebox. It comes in a "Pigtail" that is suppose to be used to wire in radios and such

Trent

Diesel Duck
11-29-2002, 08:49
TSimpler,

Is this aux. wiring mentioned in the owners manual? If so, I'd like to find it to power my V1. I've had 4 C5 Corvettes & they have such a place to get power - both switched & unswitched.

If there's something in the manual, I'd like to hear about 'cause I haven't been able to find it.

Joe

TSimpler
11-29-2002, 12:12
The wiring was an option, but the directions that come with it SUCK. Does anyone else have this option. I also got 2 alternators with it for the extra electrical power