PDA

View Full Version : Any fiolks with the tan interior?

Tray B
06-15-2003, 21:32
I have a choice of trucks. Pewter/dark charcoal or pewter/tan interior. This will be the LT interior so leather is the material. The dealer doesn't have either local but has found one of each that he can dealer trade for.
I have had a pewter/dark charcoal truck before. Doesn't show dirt much but is hot in the summer and makes the interior of the truck dark. I have not seen a tan interior pewter truck before. Does the tan show dirt bad? I would think it would make the interior seem larger due to the lighter color.
Anyone have a pewter/tan truck? Your thoughts? Observations?

Thanks,
Tray

oyazi
06-15-2003, 22:27
I've the tan interior but not the pewter. I chose tan over my sons recommendation. A friend ran a car rental agency and said that tan was easier to maintain. One mans opinion

Burner
06-15-2003, 22:57
Use seat covers when it gets really hot. If the truck is loaded get the Tan leather. If the truck is not loaded get the graphite. They both show dirt about the same. The graphite will not show dirt "ground-in" the seat like the tan. However, tan interior will hide dust and dirt everywhere but the seat. It

DieselDixon
06-15-2003, 23:34
I have the Dark Pewter in mine. Did not have a choice, like you when I bought it, but I saw one of the tan interiors the other day and did not like it as much as the Dark Pewter.

My two cents...

DMAXTODD
06-16-2003, 00:02
I had the Tan cloth in my 01,and the Tan leather in my 02 and they both hide dust and dirt much better than my dads dark gray Dodge interior(same as chevy graphite) IMHO.

oyazi
06-16-2003, 09:10
Would like to add ~ on the 01/02's, Tan (neutral) isn't a very tannish tan. Its kinda dark. In does go well w/pewter and they use grayish trim around components like the overhead console. I've not gotten close to the 03's so I dunno what their tan is like. After my inital post, I recalled a friend has an 01 light pewter w/tan inteior ~ looks very nice. Tho, like most, he didn't have a choice.

Tray B
06-16-2003, 11:46
Well, I may not be able to get the tan after all. Out of the 3 I found 2 have deals working on them and still checking into the 3rd one.
I found one with pewter/dark charcoal combo. Anyone with this combo? Sigh... May not have a choice...

GMC-2002-Dmax
06-16-2003, 13:31
Originally posted by Tray B:
Well, I may not be able to get the tan after all. Out of the 3 I found 2 have deals working on them and still checking into the 3rd one.
I found one with pewter/dark charcoal combo. Anyone with this combo? Sigh... May not have a choice... My truck is for work, but not really. I only haul tools in the bed and not alot due to the trade I am in.

I have had both dark interiors and light. I have three kids and my last truck was a 1997 EC/GMC White with tan interior. Although it looked nice it required me to have the interior professionally steam cleaned once a year to keep it nice and more frequent vacuuming. :eek:

If you don't have kids, don't use it for work, and don't live in a wintery, salty, sloppy type state then get the tan, if not I would personally not even consider the light interior at all.

JMHO & $.02 ;)

GMC

scape
06-18-2003, 12:14
I ordered mine Pewter with Tan interior. I love it. I still don't see how the dark grey goes with the Pewter. I guess some look at the exterior color and see grey/silver while others see gold/tan. You will be very happy with the tan IMO.

chuntag95
06-18-2003, 12:37
Either will work, but I have the tan and like it. Cooler in the summer is important. As far as the light pewter, mine looks brown some days and grey others. It all depends on the light and what is next to it.

Dawg
06-18-2003, 13:22
Pewter with tan leather interior. Working out great. At the time I ordered mine I saw a lot of pewter trucks with a gray interior. It looks good but I like the tan a little better.

Tray B
06-18-2003, 16:18
Well, no luck on the pewter truck. Nobody wanted to do a dealer trade.
I bought a 03 D/A CC in dark grey metallic with medium grey leather.
Not exactly what I wanted but it looks better the more I drive it :D

Bullseye54
06-18-2003, 16:32
I have a black/tan looks great when it's clean.Found out you don't wear new Levi's,sliding in & out left blue on edge of seat.Can't get all the way out.

Burner
06-18-2003, 22:46
BullsEye,

I know what you're talking about. I have found out that SMOOTHE hand cleaner really works well. I think it's made by Genta-kleen. I have used this stuff on a lot of leather. It even takes paint off without damaging the leather. ;) Heck, I even use the stuff to get tar off the truck, never a scratch. However, there are other hand cleaners that "might" work but I would not try them. The other cleaners appear to have a fairly high acid content, high enough to take the paint off your dash. :eek:

Burner-------> :D