PDA

View Full Version : Steering noise out of warranty

D/A
03-03-2005, 18:35
I took my truck into Peoria Pontiac GMC and was wondering what they might say the truck had 41,600 miles also I have 285/75/16 tires on the truck I told them about the steering problems the raddle they have when going slow in parking lots also one grinding type noise when turning right when going slow. Being out of warranty Jeff said he would see what he could do to help. He called back and said the steering shaft was some of the noise he said they would replace that with the updated shaft for me. He then said that the gear box was making the noise when turning but said that was going to be very pricy to fix 840.00 just for the box. I said that I had read on the forum they were having problems with that and they had a updated one as I read. He said he would talk to the service manager and see what he could do. He called me back in the morning and said that GM would take care of it. I am really thankful that they took care of the problems being out of warranty and all at no cost being all the bad stuff you here about dealerships All I can say is there were very good to me.

More Power
03-07-2005, 19:52
That's good news! It's nice to hear about the good dealers out there. smile.gif

MP