PDA

View Full Version : calibration on rearview mirror

3176CATPOWER
12-03-2002, 19:13
Getting CAL registering to the right of direction indication on inside rearview mirror.Guess it is for calibration and have never seen it before.Any body seen this or know what it means?Temps dropping into single digits around here,looks like my 19 mpg plus is going to be gone for a while.

DonG
12-03-2002, 22:44
I believe the CAL on your rear view mirror is a calibration mode for the compass in the mirror. I believe you reach this mode by pressing and holding one of the buttons. I am not sure if can happen via another mode. There is a procedure outlined in your operator's manual.
Don

NutNbutGMC
12-05-2002, 22:45
http://www.mitocorp.com/mirrop1.htm

Mirror Instructions.

White Knight
12-07-2002, 06:32
Thanks for posting the calibration instructions. I noticed that the instructions stated, "Display will indicate "ICE" to alert driver to potential driving hazard when temperatures are below 38

3176CATPOWER
12-07-2002, 08:25
The cal that was on display removed itself after driving for a few days and making many directional changes while driving.The manual said to drive in circles to fix it.Was driving east to west and east back home every nite for a week with only one change in direction at each end,wonder if that set it off.The ice warning comes on at 36 degrees on my truck.

BigLakeDMAX
12-07-2002, 08:29
The "ice" warning does work on these trucks - I have an '02 and being in Minnesota, I see it all too many times. I usually see it when the temp is reading closer to 32*, usually between 34 and 30. It only flashes it for a few seconds, then returns to the temp.

We have one on our van as well and it functions the same way with one notable exception. In Branson, MO this summer the temps were over 100*. While sitting in the sun idling one afternoon, the temp climbed to over 112, then began to flash "ICE." I assumed that was a request, as opposed to a warning smile.gif

NoMo
12-07-2002, 09:11
It seems that the "ICE" warning has some intelligence built into it.

Despite being in the 'teens and low 20's for several days, my mirror never flashed the ICE warning. But, it was very dry with little humidity. Then, early this week when the storm hit here, I started the truck and saw the ICE message. It was, at that time, still just "rain", but the temp was in the mid 30s.

mackin
12-07-2002, 10:05
My understanding and observation to how the "ICE" warning works is......When driving and the outside ambient temp reaches 35* ish degrees down to 32* Ish degrees precipitation or not at every degree drop to approximately 32* degrees "ICE" will flash to warn driver of a possibility.....As we now in these cold climates ground surface is colder then ambient temp so bridges and asphalt freeze prior to air reaching that temp so early warning hence 35* ish warning, so slow down......If you start out BELOW 30* degree warning no "ICE" warning will be present as they Mirror figures you are smarter and all ready know it's freezing out, and "ICE" may be present.....As far as it requesting "ICE" that's pretty cool......Perhaps a dual probe and a recalibration is in order to stick the extra probe in the BEER COOLER !!!!!!!!

MAC :D :eek: