PDA

View Full Version : EMP Proof Engine

Aryeh Levy
07-28-2005, 17:27
I'd like a 6.5 TD to be entirely mechanical - no PCM, mechanical Injection Pump, mechaniical everything. The popo are developing an emp cannon to disable vehicles, and it sounds like a police state's coming up. I'd rather to have a emp-proof vehicle if that's so, or even if a terrorist gets a nuke a few miles up there, the whole US will be emp'd and i want to be able to drive to the country where the farms are... Any ideas? Is this foolhardy?

ANXIOUS-SUBMAN
07-28-2005, 18:10
If you are really giving this serious thought then you have WAY too much free time on your hands.

Dvldog 8793
07-28-2005, 19:03
Howdy
Other things to consider-
transmission controls
ignition system
charging system
ANY elctrical products - ie diesel pumps for getting fuel ect...
Nobody is for sure and certain exactly what an EMP will do so all of your prep might be questionable
Also, as soon as "OTHERS" see you tooling around in your truck then you become a target, are you willing to protect yourself?

Even though there ain't many recipes, horses sound pretty good in your situation! ;)

L8r
Conley

GMC Hauler
07-28-2005, 19:16
Unfortunately, the weapons are already here, and easy to make, but noone has used one yet . Click on this link to get some more information on the subject: Joint Economic Committee Hearing on RF weapons. (http://www.house.gov/jec/hearings/02-25-8h.htm)

It would take alot of work to keep your vehicle running. You would need fuel. Unless you had your own supply of fuel, the pumps are run by electronics.

Also consider other options: Dvldog's was a great idea. Others are not needing a vehicle, a moped or small motorized bike of some sort, or an older diesel without any electronics. Even an old car with points can get you through.

DA BIG ONE
07-29-2005, 00:16
Originally posted by Dvldog 8793:
Howdy
Other things to consider-
transmission controls
ignition system
charging system
ANY elctrical products - ie diesel pumps for getting fuel ect...
Nobody is for sure and certain exactly what an EMP will do so all of your prep might be questionable
Also, as soon as "OTHERS" see you tooling around in your truck then you become a target, are you willing to protect yourself?

Even though there ain't many recipes, horses sound pretty good in your situation! ;)

L8r
Conley Point well made!

Nothing can control the population faster than the fear of instant death! So, some think of giving up their freedom and liberty for some false sense of security, while others think of survival. America is at this crossroad now!

[ 07-29-2005, 12:37 AM: Message edited by: DA BIG ONE ]

Cowracer
07-29-2005, 03:26
This is the only vehicle that is EMP proof.

http://www.jimtardio.com/amish/amish-buggy-rider-big.jpg

Might be a bit hard meeting the emissions test though...

Ya know, the "off topic" section of that other forum had no end of people who think like you. You might want to look them up.

Tim

john8662
07-29-2005, 06:32
Lemme guess, you used to watch Dark Angel eh?

They had Hummers running 6.5TD's in that show.

DmaxMaverick
07-29-2005, 10:05
If the time ever comes that we have to worry about such things, I would have bigger fish to fry.

I don't think I would want the only running vehicle if it ever hit the fan. Someone with a bigger gun will want what you have, and probably get it. Panic, paranoia and self preservation/destruction (the other guy's) will be the end, not the lack of transportation.

Aryeh Levy
07-29-2005, 12:33
Yeah I've seen a movie "martial law" by alex jones of www.infowars.com (http://www.infowars.com) about 9/11 - how the archect and builder said that only high explosives well placed could've brought em down like that..

i was thinking that mechanical engine pump would probably do enough to get fuel by

and there are hydraulic starters
transmission - dont know...

so basically... not worth it...
a reallly old diesel would be best
or a points and condenser gasser running with big propane tank for range and all vacuum controlled advance with hydraulic starter and faraday cage'd batteries and spare wires and plugs would do it best...

I was looking at some of the briggs and stratton 20-40hp diesels - would probably swap pretty well into a motorcycle and they're pull-start...
that's likely my best bet...

my friend's getting a duecen a half for some rx7 parts - 3 cars worth

the LDS-467s are all mechanical and multifuel...

Anybody put a Cumming 4bt or a a LDS-467 into a 98 style 3500?

I'm thinking that if i'm going to do a repower when this engine blows, i might as well put something more powerful

Then again i'd have much more hope in jesus than my truck if there's a nuke war...

rjschoolcraft
07-29-2005, 13:05
My recommendation is to trust the name that you are calling on in your signature and don't worry about all this nonsense.

NH2112
07-29-2005, 16:59
1982-1993 6.2l or 6.5l, with manual tranny, TH400, or 700R4. I wouldn't worry about things like the alternator or starter, there were always vehicles around in those 1940s and 50s nuke tests...and don't forget the cameras that filmed them had electric motors in them too. But, don't forget 1 thing - if it ever gets to the point that they're using "EMP cannon" or anything similar on citizens, they'll have another kind of cannon close by for any vehicles that aren't affected.