PDA

View Full Version : Deep Thoughts

403turbo
09-24-2003, 18:17
Well bear with me here I am having one of those days when you shed the rat race for a second and just reflect on your situation.

So here is how it went, the better half had the dog at a training class so I was flying solo for the evening.

After being inspired by what will likely be one of the last real nice days in western NY I greased the front suspention of my just washed HD and after scrubing the old half dead grease off my hands I went to a cool 50's themed burger joint for a bite. After the milk shake, burger and fries that tasted a lot like old half dead grease(go figure) I left for a little cruise.

Of course I ran across a few rice rockets that were playing bumper tag, so I couldn't resist the urge to embarass them. By the third stop light they weren't reving their engines anymore. After that I slowly cruised home with the windows down on a cool crisp night listening to the low grumble of the motor and lite whistle of the turbo.

It was then I realised, it doesn't get much better than this. Then I realised this is a damn nice truck! I think we are the lucky ones guys, yes the F**ds have a varible turbo, which is great when it runs.......D**ges have a great motor, just no trans to hook it to. Yup we made the right choice. The little things GM didn't get perfect we collectivly know how to fix, name one other vehicle that can do what our trucks can do.

I am truely happy with my vehicle for the first time ever. In large part due to the Diesel Page!

Note to GM, each new Duramax should come with a Diesel page membership!

Deep Thoughts, we should appreciate our trucks for what they are, part dump truck, part muscle car and part plain jane daily driver.

This is the hayday of the TRUCK!

BlueOx03
09-24-2003, 19:14
Amen to that brother, Amen to that.

TJ

dmaxalliTech
09-24-2003, 19:41
Originally posted by 403turbo:

Note to GM, each new Duramax should come with a Diesel page membership!

Bad Idea, that would raise the cost of the truck quite a bit by the time you add Juice, filters, gauges, exhausts, bigger tires, lift kits........

Very will said none the less

WhiteDiesel
09-24-2003, 21:25
Ooh Rah!

sdaver
09-25-2003, 06:41
:D :D ditto to all :D :D

sonofagun
09-25-2003, 09:14
YES!!