PDA

View Full Version : Yikes...denim dye dilemma!

DMAXDiva
12-05-2002, 18:28
I have tan cloth buckets in my CC, and just noticed faint blue denim stains on the seat :( .
We had a heavy rain the other day, and of course I was wearing a brand new pair of Rockies that got soaked...I know, I should have invested in seat covers a long time ago, but the damage is done... :rolleyes:

Any upholstery cleaning advice?

As always, thanks...

DmaxMaverick
12-05-2002, 18:45
I've had excellent results with that Oxy-Clean stuff on other than HD seats. It's not info-mercial based anymore and I buy it at Costco. I think Wal-Mart is carrying it now also. I have leather seats in HD, so I don't know how it works on that fabric. Also, my jeans are Wrangler. Don't know if the dye and seat fabric combination would give you the same results. It's good stuff, IMO.

Good luck getting those butt prints out. Actually, you could start a trend, with the way things go these days.

TSimpler
12-05-2002, 19:46
I'm having trouble getting the upside-down foot prints off of my Dmax CC rear windows... Any ideas??? HAHAHA!!! ROFLMAO

Trent

DMAXDiva
12-05-2002, 19:54
Ah so Simpler...

You vewy funny guy...I make vewy special Wonton just fow you!

tongue.gif :D tongue.gif

TSimpler
12-05-2002, 20:39
If your gonna sport them new Rockies you need to come out here were the Real cowboys live. It dont rain much... but you will need to get your truck dirty to get up the mountians...

Hehehehe

Trent

NWDmax
12-06-2002, 00:24
Hey Diva,I own a furniture store and have found that Lysol spray works well for getting ink etc off of leather.
Just spray it on,let sit for a few seconds and repeat.It might take 3 or 4 times till it comes off but it should work.
Test a small area thats out of the way first just to make sure there is no ill effects.
Once your all done get some leather conditioner from 1 of your local furniture or leather dealers to treat the seats in your rig.
The conditioner will plug the pores of the leather so you won't get the dye transfer you been experiencing.
Let me know and I'll send you some for nothin.
I've enjoyed reading your posts.
Blake

DMAXDiva
12-06-2002, 04:27
NWDmax

Wish I did have leather, but my truck's got cloth. I do appreciate the input though; I have leather furniture, and I am gonna try the Lysol trick on a few ink stains on the sofa... ;)

Actually, I'm thinkin' about doing the aftermarket leather thing soon...I've seen some really gorgeous work on a few rigs around here.

Simpler: Okay, I'll bite:

So you think just because I wear Rockies I ain't no real cowpie? Well let's see...I grew up around working ranches (my dad had commercial cattle operations in Texas AND New Mexico), my degree is in Range Animal Science, I'm licensed in Texas as a Registered Veterinary Technician, I spent the past 15 years managing herd health for my now-ex's family cattle operation (okay, so I'm NOT doing that anymore, I'll give ya that one ;) ), I set the land-speed record for purse-stringin' a uterine prolapse at a feedlot, and I own every blasted color of full-quill ostrich ropers Justin ever made (dangit, I don't have the Black Cherry yet..I'll giva ya that one too! )...

...have I convinced ya yet? :D :D :D

[ 12-06-2002: Message edited by: DMAXDiva ]</p>

TSimpler
12-06-2002, 08:38
You went to school???

I rest my case...

Trent LMAO

DMAXDiva
12-06-2002, 09:16
Touche!

:D :D :D

NWDmax
12-06-2002, 14:41
To much Kokanee last night I guess.
Don't know why I missed the cloth part of your post!
I went to school too!
Blake

MaxACL
12-06-2002, 15:12
Diva... Try Lava and a hand brush.

After re-reading your post, I see the dye is on your truck seats. Sorry!

Mike

MaxACL
12-06-2002, 15:15
Diva, (On Edit...) A true Texas Delemma is your Mother-in-Law going over a cliff in your brand new truck. :D

DMAXDiva
12-08-2002, 10:10
Hey MAX Cruciate:

Nope, no real dilemma there...the truck's insured! :D :D :D

my bad!