PDA

View Full Version : Snow Plow Prep.

Forced Induction
12-06-2002, 07:02
What is exactly included in the snow plow pkg.? I know they are supposed to tighten the torsion bars for the weight of the plow and I have the Aux. Lamps button, but is there anything else? Also where does the aux. lamp wiring go?? Is there a harness or plug waiting near the grill for plow lights or something. I do not have marker lamps on the roof either. I did a search on this topic and didn't find my answer, but I apologize if it was asked before and I missed it! smile.gif

Thanks again guys, I appreciate the help!

JA

Oh, another observation, that darn juice level 4 is dangerous in the snow! I continuously broke all 4 loose in the snow once the engine warmed up, I almost couldn't accelerate slow enough. I think I'll reduce the level for future storms, if any! smile.gif

Maverick
12-06-2002, 23:16
Check this out:

http://www.plowsite.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=4565

There are additional plugs behind the headlights but do no good as most plows have their own harness anyway. With a Duramax/Allison equipped truck you already have everything in the plow package except the plugs behind the headlight, aux light switch and 130amp alt. Torsion bars, tranny cooler are the same with or without the package. Do a search on Plowsite....tons of info on this plow stuff over there.

Forced Induction
12-08-2002, 09:47
Thanks Mav,
I appreciate the info and link. I would have never figured on the wiring sitting in the headliner. I'll have to look into where the relay is and maybe utilize the wiring elsewhere because I don't plan on using a roof lamp. Thanks again!!

JA

NFLDMAX
12-08-2002, 14:59
I think the best solution would be to move BACK to Florida :D

Brent