PDA

View Full Version : HAD TO LEAVE MY DURAMAX BEHIND

ropadopa2000
12-06-2002, 10:53
I was returning from Philadelphia to Florida an my allison transmission quit in Virgina.Its a 2001 exted cab 4x4 LB with just under 30 k the only other problem i have had is the leaf sprig isolaters and a large fuel leak at a fuel rail junction both of these items were corrected fast and seemed to be normal with this model and per this forum.
I was informed from the dealer that the front pump is leaking and it would take a few days to get approval and order and instal a new transmission.
Thats great but i wasnt even halfway home and my time was limited i waited a day or so for this info then decided to rent a truck (ford)to get home and then schedule a date next week to fetch my truck and return the rental.Not fun

i dont know how many people know this but i was only offered a chevy caviler for five days to replace my 40k 4x4 in a snowstorm.Thats all they offer

I guess what im asking the forum is there anyway to get any help for reinburstment for my adventure and i am a little worried about the transmission failing so early.

Please dont get me wrong i love this truck and i dont know anything that would replace it.So if anyone out there has any helpfull info or even some reinsurance it would be greatly appreceated.

Thanks for reading

Robert

TooMuchMuscle
12-06-2002, 11:06
Ropadopa, The service department at the dealership where your truck is will take care of all the expenses occured for the rental car/truck. GM states that there is a $30 max /per day on a rental but when conditions call for a more expensive rental GM will pay for it. I was trailering my jeep when a injector pump went out and GM covered a truck rental which costed $85 per day. Hand the paper work over to the SM and give him hell.

George Gozelski
12-06-2002, 14:10
Ropadopa 2000, now would be a good time to add and ATS torque converter to your Dmax since they have to drop the tranny anyway! I'm not selling anything for anyone but if you fear more break downs, that could help out in the future especially if you're pulling heavy loads!

All-tuned-up
12-06-2002, 14:31
ropadopa2000

I have a good friend whose got a '02 who had the same problem with the fuel leaking out of the pump or around it, he was down at least a week because GM didn't have any in stock, they're all going into new production models for RV's and trucks.

See if your auto insurance would kick in and pay for a truck, if you've got towing coverage on your policy, they shouldn't have to GM should, but who knows, knowing most companies, they simply deny the claim and say no.

Good Luck, hope everything goes smoothly.

ropadopa2000
12-07-2002, 00:13
Thanks for the replies is there anyone else that has had trans failure.What could be done to help my alison hang in there i tow allot but never over 6k but i do travel over 80mph and the guage never read more than half way. Please i have to return to virginia next tues wed and i need some ammo for these dealer folks.

Merconvert
12-08-2002, 21:38
Ropadopa

Hey I lost my tranny at 700 miles,yep 01 3500 C C longbed. Since the new tranny,was put in, I have towed about 11,000 miles grossing about 18,000Lbs. No problems,I have 27,000 miles now still running smooth. Wish you Luck.

Bob