PDA

View Full Version : Anybody with a B&D Tranny?

Burner
06-25-2003, 22:15
Jess, I'm drag'n ya out. ;)

Anybody got good/bad info on the B&D?

What's in the tranny... cluthes, valvebody and converter or just springs and patches? Folks want to know. How about a spec list? And, pricing. What about the warranty update? Any news is good news. :D

Burner

king D
06-29-2003, 17:17
ok burner ask whatever you want if i cant answer ill point you in the right direction

heartbeatcanada
06-29-2003, 21:43
King D How"s the tranny behaven?? Still top notch, hope so. I just got 1 question for ya. From the time you ordered the tranny how long did it take to arrive?? Just trying to put a time frame on this game of operation :D Thanks smile.gif

Burner
06-29-2003, 22:49
Jess, what does B&D do to the Allison? Do they use a stock TQ converter? Do they mod it? What about the valvebody? Is it their system or a reworked stock part? Do they adjust the pressure? What about trans temps, are they hotter from the pressure increase? How long did it take to "smoothe" out the shifting? Have you taken it to the track? What about a dyno, have you dynoed it? Lot'sa questions........ tongue.gif

Burner----------> :D

Burner
06-30-2003, 14:24
:confused:

king D
06-30-2003, 18:22
burn man you need patience.the bd tranny uses a stock tq con that has been gone through and checked over.the tabs are rewelded to avoid those issues,there is increased line pressure so i assume the vb is different or at least beefed up.as far as temps being raised if any i do not notice i have logged a few 100 miles so far hauling a 24ft dovetail with 2500 gal h2o and 2oo gal of roundup and other chem trailer alone should bust 28k,highwest temps seen are right at 200.the shifting took about 200 miles in each range to smooth out.there is a small adjustment i need to make,but i am going to wait until about 2500 miles when i change the fluid.and hb canada i think it took about 3 weeks from the time i ordered until it got here but i could be off on that cant remember that far back

mackin
06-30-2003, 18:51
With all this >=EDGE JUICE COMP, QUADZILLA POWER 185 VANN AAKEN,BULLY DOG ADJUSTABLE PROPANE,QUADZILLA EXHAUST,BOOST AND PYROMETER.BD TRANNY,PREDATOR ,K-N AIR FLITER KIT,with thanks to advanced diesel technology,quadzilla power,and diesel injection service

How long does it take to De-weed the front forty ???

Mac :D :D :D

king D
06-30-2003, 19:23
the prob is most of the stuff has been off getting reflashed and reprogrammed so i havent had much play time but hopefully tommorrow all my toys will be back and i can get some more playtime in

sdaver
07-01-2003, 20:57
you know when they return so will the rain...happens every time :D

Burner
07-02-2003, 06:46
Jess, Before the B&D did you dino, G-Tech or get track time?

Burner-----> :D

king D
07-02-2003, 09:05
i ran some gtech and some 8th mile passes.however i havent been back to the track yet.i did get a decent improvement on my 0-60 and 1/4 times via gtech

Burner
07-02-2003, 09:27
Thanks Jess :cool: When you did the G-Tech, did it show "more" hp? If your time improved, it should have shown more hp. Most people brake and launch to get times. However, with all of your "add-ons" I would think that just stabbing it would be better, spinning less. --- So, how did you launch before and after?

I wonder how your brothers truck is doing? Got any G-Tech times for him?

Thanks
Burner------> :D

king D
07-02-2003, 09:52
burner i still launch the same way 4x4 about 1500 rpms,the stock llike torque convertor in the bd didnt change my leaving at all.my brother hasnt made many full passes on his still working on 0-60 his setup is a little differnt know,but is definately picked up some more on the big end