PDA

View Full Version : 2003 Brake controller wiring harness

4x4man
12-08-2002, 21:12
I did a couple of searches, but couldn't get the concrete information I needed, sorry if I missed it somewhere...

I recently traded in my 2001 2500HD with 8.1L/Alli for a 2003 2500HD with D/A. I kept the 2001 wiring harness that was attached to my Prodigy brake controller. As everyone else has found out, the wire harness is not included with the camper provisions option, even though the manual states it does. Of course the dealer stated it should have been in my truck and they don't know what to do next....

My question is, what are the wires that have been changed?? Apprently there are two wires that were put in different locations?? Can one of you 03 owners please let me know what wires I need to resplice on my 01 harness to the Prodigy to make sure it works with the new 03 spot where it plugs in?? Also from what I gather I need to purchase a 40amp fuse as well, I need to check under the hood and see if that was installed or not. As soon as I get my break in miles done, I want to start putting the DMAX to some REAL work!!
Thanks,
Bob

ccds
12-08-2002, 21:36
4X4man:

here is a link with all the information you will need to wire your brake controller into a 2003.

Suggestion learn how touse the search feature it works great, thats how I got this for you....

http://forum.62-65-dieselpage.com/ubb/ultimatebb.php?ubb=get_topic&f=5&t=000539

If you have an old harness switch wire A & D
they also make a plug and play harness that you can buy for about $8.50 thats what I used.

smile.gif

[ 12-08-2002: Message edited by: ccds ]

[ 12-08-2002: Message edited by: ccds ]</p>

4x4man
12-08-2002, 21:51
Thanks ccds, I never thought to search in the accessories forum, I kept searching in the trucks and drivetrain forum and what I was finding wasn't giving me exactly what needed to be swapped.
Thanks again.

Bob

DMAX Daddy
12-09-2002, 09:20
John Kennedy sells one for about $15, easier than making one up.

When I ordered my truck my dealer the truck came with one and when it didnt I asked them what was up. They eventually provided one for me. I have a good dealer!

Jelisfc
12-09-2002, 09:56
I bought the new harness for my '03 since my '99 was hard wired. I helped my Dad transfer his controller from his '01 to '03 truck. The brown wire and the light blue wires need to be reversed A & D. I cut and recrimped the wires from the controller. 15 minute job max.

4x4man
12-11-2002, 17:25
Thanks guys, after I learned that pins A and D needed to be swapped, I switched the wires in the plug so I wouldn't have to resolder my wires.
Don't forget about the 40amp fuse to send 12 volts to the plug!!
I posted an update to the 03 Brake Controller thread in the Accssories Forum.

Again thanks everyone, now all I have to do is convince myself that drilling 16 holes (for the 5er hitch) in my week old baby is a good thing!!!

Bob