PDA

View Full Version : 94 Suburban 6.5 dies abrubtly

Robyn
03-08-2005, 17:24
Well Our new found litle friend I particularly nice 94 2500 Suburban 4X4 died this morning on the way to work. Just all of a sudden the fire went out. Yup been there done this before. I called a tow truck to get the dead beast out of the roadway and then sat quietly waiting for it to cool. About 35 minutes with the hood up she took off and ran fine. Its 40 miles back to my ranch so I let my towing coverage get it home. I immediately called REMARQ and ordered the Sol D for the truck and it will be here tomorrow. We have recently aquired another 94 Sub 6.5 and oit seems fine but I am going to get the Kennedy diesel cooler/remote mount setup with a new PMD and put on the other Sub and run the two products side by side and see if there is any issues one way or the other. Thanks Diesel page for the info that allowed me to get a handle on this problem. I owned a 95 Sub when it was new and it had this problem starting at about 30K miles and I finally got rid of the truck because there seemed no solution to the problem. Well not any more. By tomorrow night hopefully I will have this beast fixed and be watching the scenery go by again while listening to the little 6.5 pur out front.
Again thanks folks.

BrentN
03-09-2005, 11:46
I agree with the value of the Diesel Page. One incident just like you had easily pays for years of subscription, plus everyone on this page really wants to help...Its nice to be among friends...all with a common purpose...keep our 6.5's running.

Robyn
03-09-2005, 16:36
Well the Sol D arrived this afternoon via Fedex and I had it on the Sub 15 minutes later. Boy that little plug on the PMD is a booger to get to. I was worried about breaking the locking tab off while trying to get the plug out. It came though and a few minutes fishing the wiring harness out and up into the daylight and poof we were done. Runs fine so far. I will ring it out over the next few days and see if it is a permanent cure. Every 6.5 I have owned would sooner or later just shut off and not show a code and it was always the driver box.