PDA

View Full Version : Can't turn my heat down!!??

Maverick
12-09-2002, 12:48
If I have the heat cranked up all the way and turn it down, it won't cool off. It doesn't matter if the fan is off or on 5 or inbetween. It just sticks on hot. I have had it cool off a few times after I shut the truck off for awhile and restart with the dial in the middle. The truck is my 3500 and it is an LS. No auto heat stuff. Anybody have a clue?

bluenote
12-09-2002, 15:24
My '01 puts out a lotta heat to the passenger compartment also when the engine is warmed up. I've found that for my personal comfort, I need to turn the heat dial almost all the way to the left, just on the edge of the red area once the cab is warmed up. I also like to set the vent on the split between floor and dash. Once it's warmed up, I also drop the fan to level 1. Try setting your heat almost all the way to the left and you might find it helps. Good Luck!

dave p
12-09-2002, 17:02
mine does the same thing. its very hard to keep regulated. if i ever get another it will have automatic heat and air. just set the degrees and forget it. this was not problem on the 98 chevrolet 2500, but it sure is now. if there is a fix for this i sure would like to know about it. dave p :confused: :confused:

Maverick
12-09-2002, 17:57
Thanks guys but even if I turn it all the way to max cool (left) it still blows hot like it is all the way right. Something is sticking. Question still stands. Anybody?

mackin
12-09-2002, 19:23
Mav

Take your pic=>http://www.acdelco.com/html/catalog/index.htm
Search your vehicle they have a whole section for HVAC parts......Could be the whole switch assembly to a Actuator....

MAC ;)

[ 12-09-2002: Message edited by: mackin ]</p>

Paintdude
12-09-2002, 19:27
Could be something caught in the deflector thingy in the heater housing..I think (not sure)that is how they regulate the heat is deverting air from the heater core to outside air..Do you keep alot of things on the dash(could something gone down one of the vents?)..Could be a bad servo motor that controls the deflector,control swith on dash?..Just some ideas..

You can always roll down the windows.. :D