PDA

View Full Version : Pulling setup

TN farmer
10-05-2003, 14:55
I want to know what I can do different because there are two Dodges that I can not beat (10ft diff.) at the local truck pulls.

I am running Hot juice in HI range 1st gear and weighing in at about #8000, I have the bolts in my overload springs, 295 BFG A/T at 40psi and I just was wondering what else I can do.

I don't want to put a tranny in it so is this all I can do?

Does anyone try pulling on the LO side and will the stock tranny shift to 3rd or not?

Thanks for any help we have one more pull next weekend.

Robert

mtomac
10-05-2003, 17:32
With a heavy sled or a tight track or both 3rd gear low range with the converter locked would be better than 1st gear high range running thru the converter because you will putting more power to the ground.

I run 3rd low, 1st high or 4th low depending on track, sled and weight class. When I'm running with the converter locked I shut off T/H when I'm spinning out to unlock the converter otherwise it will stall the motor when you let off the throttle with the converter locked.

TN farmer
10-05-2003, 19:10
Tomac when you were running just the Hot juice and stock Allison did you pull in LO range?

If so did it shift ok and how was the defueling in between shifts?

mtomac
10-05-2003, 21:06
no, I've only ran low range with the ATS tranny and quad stealth/comp juice stack or the quad stealth/big VA stack. The extra rpm of the stealth really helps out as well.