PDA

View Full Version : What did I nuke?!?!

ratlover
10-08-2003, 05:55
Well I'm a jack ass! :mad: redface.gif In my Juice install I removed the wire attached to the post and rerouted it to the outside of the tunbe to gain some clearance. When I did this I told myself "dont forget about the boot cuz I'm sure bad things will happen" Well sure enough I got rushed and forgot about the boot. I found the ground strap welded to the nut that the boot was covering. It seems attached at both ends fine with just a small chunk outa the spot were it was touching. My truck as been running fine but I have 3 things currently going on and I'm not sure if any of them are related or what the deal is.

I have had my truck shut off on my twice durring hard acceleration. It dosnt really turn off though.....it still keeps pulling like a mother thanks to the OJ and I wouldnt have noticed it if my radio didnt turn off and my dash flash off and come back on with the driver 1 and all that. I am thinking that this shut down coincided with heavy acceleration and the groundstrap whacking the post.

I also have a SES light and there are 2 codes in the history P0540. Air heater is ****ed I guess(see post bellow Code Help!)

I cant for the life of me change my juice settings. I initially set em and I think I was able to change maybe once and then I couldnt get em to change. I disconnected the box and it set itself back to level 0 and I was able to set the level fine but now I cant get it to chaneg :mad: The pins are fine as well as I can tell. I've yanked the box for 5 miniutes or so and when put back on it goes back to the previous levels. I do have a email into aaron but have yet to hear from him.

I dont know if any/all of these are related :confused: I havent started checking fuses yet. Thats the mission for tonight, I want to know what else to check though and what all I could have nuked and what that little box guy is? I dont think if i did nuke something i would have the heart to take it to GM and say "I dont know whats wrong.....what some idiot didnt put the protective boot on all the way, I'm sure glad I got waranty) What could i have FUBARed guys :( :confused:

Hopefully I can figure out how to post a pic....actually I dont know how? I got 2 stuck on my computer now :confused:

TIA guys smile.gif

sdaver
10-08-2003, 06:15
wow I have not a clue, keep us up to date

ratlover
10-08-2003, 07:16
Well Aaron got back with me pretty quickly so hopefully I can sort out the Juice deal.

I cant be the only dip**** that has done something like this can I :rolleyes: ......Ok....I probably am redface.gif

Kinda amasing the Duramax can function pretty normaly with that big of a wire dead shorting. I assume its fairly important. :rolleyes:

Maybe I should take a 1/2 a day and go hide in a tavern.....yeah.....beer will help me concentrate and stop acting like a fart in a skillet :rolleyes: :D

Any one help on how to post a pic? Thanks

ratlover
10-08-2003, 11:00
Well I got the juice issue taken care. The edge/Aaron ROCK! I'm now programing away. :cool:

I am going to recheck my pins again.....hopefully the issue is with them and that will take care of my SES light/ P0540 code throwing.

I would still like to know what I dead shorted and what damage I coulda caused? Dead shorting a 8 guage or so wire cant be good and I would think it serves some vital job. :confused: