PDA

View Full Version : good price on transynd ATF?

biker Wayne
10-10-2003, 04:41
Has anyone found a good price for transynd? Local Allison dealer wants $30 per gallon.

jbplock
10-10-2003, 05:10
I used Mobil 1 ATF. Cost was 5.00/Qt at Autozone..

For a good price on Transynd, try DmaxAlliTech (Eric)... smile.gif

letsgo
10-10-2003, 05:38
How about $48.00 north of the border.

good luck

dmaxalliTech
10-12-2003, 06:38
Originally posted by biker Wayne:
Has anyone found a good price for transynd? Local Allison dealer wants $30 per gallon. Jeez Wayne, should have come up yesterday for Diesel Day, had some killer deals on Transynd..

biker Wayne
10-14-2003, 06:12
dmaxalliTech,
Didn't know about the Diesel Day and besides, I was in Door County, Wisconsin, enjoying some fall colors, scenic roads, winding roads with my Goldwing, Friday night fish fry, Saturday night prime rib, Sunday night pork loin over charcoal and campfires. smile.gif smile.gif smile.gif
Since I didn't make the Diesel Day, where can I get transynd at a GOOD price?
Thanks.

dmaxalliTech
10-14-2003, 06:51
Originally posted by biker Wayne:
dmaxalliTech,
Didn't know about the Diesel Day and besides, I was in Door County, Wisconsin, enjoying some fall colors, scenic roads, winding roads with my Goldwing, Friday night fish fry, Saturday night prime rib, Sunday night pork loin over charcoal and campfires. smile.gif smile.gif smile.gif
Since I didn't make the Diesel Day, where can I get transynd at a GOOD price?
Thanks. That sounds like fun.. some good country atmosphere and some bbque!
Email me on the Transynd
Eric

Modified
10-16-2003, 17:37
Just got info from Amsoil about their new "Torque Drive Synthetic ATF". Supposed to be based on same chemical properties as Transynd at a lower cost. It is not designated TES 295 by Allison, but supposedly Amsoil will warranty any lubricant related failures.
See link @

http://www.amsoil.com/products/atd.htm

mdrag
10-16-2003, 18:03
Here's a link to a lengthy discussion on TRANSYND (http://forum.thedieselpage.com/ubb/ultimatebb.php?ubb=get_topic;f=7;t=004453;p=1) establishing that it is a FULL SYNTHETIC group IV product.

Cliffee
10-19-2003, 09:00
The Amsoil is not that much cheeper and according to their litterature is not any better. They show it is comparable! If you have to have it shipped like I do it is almost is the same. I think their oils are the better than the rest but I'll stick with the Transnd and have the piece of mind that its reccommended by GM/Allison. Its worth the extra few $$.

Dawg
10-19-2003, 13:09
I got a 5 gallon bucket from my local Allison shop for $135. Didn't think that was too bad.