PDA

View Full Version : 4L80E Rebuild

tt4ctis3
04-11-2005, 08:34
Hello all, can anyone provide me with information on a high performance / heavy duty rebuild kits that are available for the 4L80E transmission please let me know. I have a 95 Hummer in dire need of a tranny rebuild and I'd like to know any "tips or tricks" that anyone on the page has. Additionally, if you know of any specifics I should look for. I would appreciate any and all input.
Thanks in advance.

dmaxalliTech
04-11-2005, 14:05
Get a Trans go "Blue Box" kit and that thing will be solid, there is more you can do, but that will work very well. Dont forget a good converter

DA BIG ONE
04-12-2005, 13:00
Originally posted by tt4ctis3:
Hello all, can anyone provide me with information on a high performance / heavy duty rebuild kits that are available for the 4L80E transmission please let me know. I have a 95 Hummer in dire need of a tranny rebuild and I'd like to know any "tips or tricks" that anyone on the page has. Additionally, if you know of any specifics I should look for. I would appreciate any and all input.
Thanks in advance. Being that it is a 95 visit: http://www.transmissionspecialty.com/

You will find that there some problems in the pre 1999 4L80e that need to be corrected. From there you want kevlar clutches and premium steels, TransGo has about the best shift kit, then a torque converter built for offroad/towing, finish off w/synthetic fluid and a B&M SuperCooler w/fan and thermostat 160deg on/off control.