PDA

View Full Version : Wiring Question

Tom C.
07-30-2005, 16:41
I just had a new IP put in under warranty. They also replaced the wiring harness that attaches to the FSD. He gave me my old harness back which I had extended to reach a remote FSD cooler. Four of the wires from the FSD plug go into a large connector that is easy to get at. The other two wires were cut and I have no idea where they go. I would like to find out where these wires are and put plugs on them so I can just plug my extension back in. I think this would be easier than trying to weasel the plug in and out of the pump mounted FSD. The two wires are a red one that goes to socket B on the FSD plug and a black wire that goes to socket F. It appears these wires disappear under the intake manifold. Does anyone know if these two wires can be tapped into back by the firewall where that big wad of wires is and if so how would I identify them. I tried a wiring diagram in Chilton's but it didn't tell me much.

Thanks,
Tom C.

diesel65
07-30-2005, 18:15
Connects to the fuel solenoid on the back of the pump.
It is not polarity sensitive.

HowieE
07-31-2005, 04:46
The Black wire comes from terminal Fon the FSD and goed to terminal B on the selenoid. Terminal Bis groundedat the selenoid. The Red wire comes from terminal B on the FSD and goes to terminal A on the selenoid.